Tuto DIY Bondage gear - Part 1 Intro & basics

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Greenleaf

Tuto DIY Bondage gear - Part 1 Intro & basics

Post by Greenleaf »

Hello everybody! :hi: I make this post to show you how i create my bondage gear.
I want to make these tutorials since a while and i prepared it a bit with some pictures and sketches that i keep carefully 8)

What it's going to be :
→A series of tutorials with one "episode" for each gear
→I'll try to post them each weeks or each 2 weeks
→For the moment, i plan to post an "episode" for basics (below), for ringag & blindfold, for head harness, for handcuffs & anklecuffs, for a "multifunction" belt, for what you can set to the belt. Some gears may be combined with some others.
Of course any suggestion for another gear are wellcome.

What it's NOT going to be :
→The "best" way to do, I won't have any pretensions, it's just how I prefer to work and to create things, I'm sure there is a better way. (for example, it's all handmade because i dont have sewing machine, I tried to understand how it works but I failed lol) :rofl:

I think I did not forget anything for the intro so let's start with the basics! :D

In this first episode, I'll show you what kind of materials i use the most and how I proceed to sew something.
(BTW, i buy materials in DIY stores or on Amazon)

The materials :
100% cotton straps, width : 1.5 and 4 cm (yeah, sorry for those who use inches, I use centimeters, but i'm sure you can find something similar in inches)
Pieces of velvet and imitation leather (black both) : I bought 2x1 m pieces but for the moment i just used a little part of the velvet.
Spool of velcro straps to sew, width : 5cm, it's one more cm than the large cotton strap but the other width I found was 2cm :evil: so scissors are needed
Galvanized steel rings and D-rings : Ø2cm, Ø4.3cm for the rings and Ø2cm for the D-rings
Black thread and needles : take the thread you want but it must be quite solid. For the needles, i use leather needles, they look a little bit stronger than regular needles
Press-studs (you need a little hammer for that)
Clip buckles : some for the 1.5cm cotton strap and some for the 4cm cotton strap. It's better if they are adjustable.
Padlocks : They are not ingredients but they are concerned. Take them small but not too small or you'll have shitty padlocks without any quality :?

The sewing :
When I have to sew 2 straps together or to seal a loop on a strap, i proceed like in the 2 next sketches
tuto1.png
(9.57 KiB) Downloaded 3001 times
tuto1 - Copie.png
tuto1 - Copie.png (7.14 KiB) Viewed 3356 times
[Edit : For more visibility, I draw the cotton straps in red]

At the beginning you have to keep a length of thread for when you have finished.
As you can see, I do loops on the sides of the straps by passing the needle through the strap from the bottom to the top again and again and again.

Of course, before making a new loop, I have to be sure that the one I have just done is tight enough. The loops should be very close to each other for a better resistance.
Dont go too far on the length of the strap, 2 or 3 cm are enough.
Once you have finished and you have returned to your start point, make some strong knots with the thread you left.
Its not so hard but it can takes time at the beginning, it requires patience; with a little practice, we go faster. :wink:

I hope it was enough clear and understandable and that you had as much fun reading this tutorial as I had when i wrote it! :D
Do not hesitate to give me your opinions, they are always welcome.

Cya! :love:

G.