electronic clamps

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
extrapervy

electronic clamps

Post by extrapervy »

Anyone know of any cheap eletronic clamps?

I'd love to make a toy that you can put on your nipples and have it randomly squeeze, maybe via signal from a pc.
OrgasmAlley

Re: electronic clamps

Post by OrgasmAlley »

I don't know of any, cheap or not. I've been contemplating exactly such a thing as a product, lately. All of the easy ways are also cheesy, and it I do proceed I'll use two little rc servos with mechanical clamping contraptions running from a controller... just doesn't seem right not to be able to squeeze one then the other, etc ;) I don't think they'd have to weigh more than some of the barrel nipple clamps available, although I'm not totally sure than servos in that size and weight have enough torque.
occorics

Post by occorics »

I think, a small linear actuator like this might work: http://www.robotshop.com/en/firgelli-te ... meter.html

I don't know the proper term, but there are those surgical probes with a clamp at the end of a flexible shaft and a scissor-like handle. If you don't care for mobility, that might work, too.
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
extrapervy

Post by extrapervy »

OrgasmAlley wrote:I don't know of any, cheap or not. I've been contemplating exactly such a thing as a product, lately. All of the easy ways are also cheesy, and it I do proceed I'll use two little rc servos with mechanical clamping contraptions running from a controller... just doesn't seem right not to be able to squeeze one then the other, etc ;) I don't think they'd have to weigh more than some of the barrel nipple clamps available, although I'm not totally sure than servos in that size and weight have enough torque.

That's really good. An alternating squeeze!

One thought I had was to support it with some kind of bra like item. Additionally, it might be possible to have the servo part away from the clamping part depending. But that complicates it at the same time it makes more force available.
extrapervy

Post by extrapervy »

occorics wrote:I think, a small linear actuator like this might work: http://www.robotshop.com/en/firgelli-te ... meter.html

I don't know the proper term, but there are those surgical probes with a clamp at the end of a flexible shaft and a scissor-like handle. If you don't care for mobility, that might work, too.
The actuator looks interesting, but I'm not sure how to implement that. I've no experience with actuators. It looks like just a plastic box to me. I know what an actuator is but that thing is unclear to me.

The surgical clamp I can't really see how to use it with an actuator.

But thanks.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I would advice against this.

Clamps that squeeze and unsqueeze (or whatever the word is) are prone to either squeeze too much or fall off easily.

If you want the squeezing feeling, my suggestion is to get the following two items:

http://store.mystim.com/b2c_en/estim/clamps.html
http://store.mystim.com/b2c_en/estim-un ... lover.html

I can promise you this, it feels so good you can easily get an orgasm from this. And it really feels like your nipples are squeezed gently (or hard, depending on the mode and setting). It can feel like needles being inserted too using a different mode and settings or with a different powerbox.

The clamps can be replaced by DIY by using the pads that come with the device, but its not the same, the clamps really give that "twisting the nipple back and forth" feeling.

It is so good that if you get past an orgasm, and have it on for 20 minutes, the next 10 minutes it feels really annoying because you feel like your nipples are sore from the twisting, but it continuous to be twisted.

Now, I know this is a lot of money, but I can promise you, it is money well spend. Its still my nr 1 to go estim powerbox. Its always available to me, and when I feel like I need pain on my nipples or other form of stimulation, I usually put them on for a minute, ramp it up, feel awesome, and then take them off again. :)

PS. they have a more basic estim unit which is 40 euro cheaper. I have no experience with that device, but seeing the manual, it has the same Burst mode that the more expensive one has, which gives this nice nipple twisting feeling. It does not have a timer like the more expensive one which auto shuts down for 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60 minutes. So that's a reason alone to get the device. On top, the expensive one has a few more modes.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
occorics

Post by occorics »

extrapervy wrote:The actuator looks interesting, but I'm not sure how to implement that. I've no experience with actuators. It looks like just a plastic box to me. I know what an actuator is but that thing is unclear to me.

But thanks.
I was thinking of a scissor-like device with the actuator pulling the handles together.
That surgical clamp would be something like this:
79744-8199475.jpg
79744-8199475.jpg (5.41 KiB) Viewed 6862 times
the handle could be operated by a servo or actuator. So you wouldn't have the weight of the full device at the nipples
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
extrapervy

Post by extrapervy »

occorics wrote:
extrapervy wrote:The actuator looks interesting, but I'm not sure how to implement that. I've no experience with actuators. It looks like just a plastic box to me. I know what an actuator is but that thing is unclear to me.

But thanks.
I was thinking of a scissor-like device with the actuator pulling the handles together.
That surgical clamp would be something like this:
79744-8199475.jpg
the handle could be operated by a servo or actuator. So you wouldn't have the weight of the full device at the nipples

Wow! That's something I could possibly make! Thanks!

Of course, now I have to try to find some tiny actuators.
Last edited by extrapervy on 31 Mar 2017, 04:01, edited 1 time in total.
extrapervy

Post by extrapervy »

Slave_L wrote:I would advice against this.

Clamps that squeeze and unsqueeze (or whatever the word is) are prone to either squeeze too much or fall off easily.

If you want the squeezing feeling, my suggestion is to get the following two items:

http://store.mystim.com/b2c_en/estim/clamps.html
http://store.mystim.com/b2c_en/estim-un ... lover.html

I can promise you this, it feels so good you can easily get an orgasm from this. And it really feels like your nipples are squeezed gently (or hard, depending on the mode and setting). It can feel like needles being inserted too using a different mode and settings or with a different powerbox.

The clamps can be replaced by DIY by using the pads that come with the device, but its not the same, the clamps really give that "twisting the nipple back and forth" feeling.

It is so good that if you get past an orgasm, and have it on for 20 minutes, the next 10 minutes it feels really annoying because you feel like your nipples are sore from the twisting, but it continuous to be twisted.

Now, I know this is a lot of money, but I can promise you, it is money well spend. Its still my nr 1 to go estim powerbox. Its always available to me, and when I feel like I need pain on my nipples or other form of stimulation, I usually put them on for a minute, ramp it up, feel awesome, and then take them off again. :)

PS. they have a more basic estim unit which is 40 euro cheaper. I have no experience with that device, but seeing the manual, it has the same Burst mode that the more expensive one has, which gives this nice nipple twisting feeling. It does not have a timer like the more expensive one which auto shuts down for 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60 minutes. So that's a reason alone to get the device. On top, the expensive one has a few more modes.

Those seem cool and workable, but I'm just a bit afraid of electricity. I know it's really not that harmful at low amperage but what can I say. Maybe one day.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Hahaha, oh, I so know what you mean by being afraid of Electricity.

I remember well the first time I bought a powerbox and was going to try it out. I was so afraid turning it on would be instant ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP, ouch ouch ouch...

But nope. I felt nothing. Pfew. Okay, so I have to press the voltage up button, definitely going to hurt now!!!!!
*press* nope. Still feel nothing. Pfew. But now I definitely will feel it, no?

*press* Oh, I feel something. Very very faint. More like a tickle. This is estim???? Really???? And I was afraid of it?
*pressing up once more* Ah, I feel the tickle a bit more now. Feels nice.
*pressing up once more* Oh, I definitely feel that. Nothing painful, but I feel it. And I was afraid of this??? geez. I'm a pussy!

Okay, once you go to a certain level and you really do feel the electricity, there comes a point (with the digital boxes at least, but thats not the one I linked) where increasing the power is done with anticipation. But the steps are not that big and the joy is so much rewarding.

I guess the fact that EVERY SINGLE PERSON I spoken to that does estim loves it says that the fear is far more overrated.

Its not the zap you get when you are statically charged and touch metal. Nor is it the effect of a cattleprod. Estim (tens units in particular) are in their nature designed to be medical instruments. They've just been ramped up for our BDSM needs. ;)
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

If you want a physical squeeze, how about hydraulics! Take 2 rubber bulbs, (e.g. https://www.rapidonline.com/rubber-bulb ... ttes-79636 ) one a bit larger than the other. Attach a thin tube to the larger one and fill the bulb and the tube with liquid. Fill the small bulb with liquid then squeeze most of it out. Holding it squeezed, connect it to the tube. Fix the smaller bulb to some sort of clamp, between the bits where you would normally squeeze to open it. If you squeeze the larger bulb it should force the clamp shut. I think you would need a fair bit of pressure, so connecting the tube securely enough could be a problem. You could use a suitably adapted clothes peg so long as it is held together at the hinge rather than relying on a spring to hold it together.

To work it, fix up some sort of pedal to squeeze the larger bulb. Make it close a switch when you have applied sufficient pressure to provide the required amount of pain. Connect the switch to an computer (Arduino?). Program the computer to signal you when you are allowed to press the pedal. You have to wait so that you can't get things over with too quickly. If you press the pedal hard enough to close the switch for long enough you get a credit. When you get enough credits you are released. Otherwise you stay bound until a backstop timer lets you go or you use your emergency release. It's up to you whether the computer lets you know when you have pressed the pedal for long enough or whether you have to guess. Also up to you whether the computer lets you know how many credits you have.

Tie yourself to a chair with just enough freedom to operate the pedal and enjoy.

On a safety note, I've never worn nipple clamps for longer than about 20 minutes for fear of cutting off the blood supply for too long and causing permanent damage. They will probably need to be strong enough to prevent blood circulation even when you are not putting on extra pressure. I wonder if it would be possible to have some sort of clamp held in place with surgical tape, so as to release completely when no pressure was applied. Any ideas?

I don't know if this could be made to work, but it might be worth a try.
extrapervy

Post by extrapervy »

Hi Keyless,

this particular sensation isn't really about being bound, but about having my nipples squeezed without my interaction. I can squeeze them myself but that doesn't really do anything for me. I can use clover clamps and those are ok but without some kind of intermittent change, it doesn't do that much.

Using some kind of bulb with my controlling it isn't that great to me. It's the same sort of reason you can't tickle yourself.

I've considered a hucow type nipple suction device too but I just can't find the right parts.

Your bulb idea sounds interesting but I'm having trouble understanding how the clamp works with it. Regardless, I'd need to make the pump itself controlled by the computer rather than giving me a signal to control the pump.

Thanks though.

One thing I don't really understand about sex toys is why most of them seem so lame. Seems most of them are simply fake dicks and fake vaginas and mostly cruddy nipple clamps. It's as if one person invented three kinds of sex toys, and everyone since then copied the designs.

Even the best ones are still mostly just fake dicks and fake vaginas.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

The reason is simple why it works.

People buy them. Period.

Because there is a market, they think its a good product. I have a big collection of nipple clamps and in the beginning they were great because my nipples couldn't take that much. Now that they can, I don't use most of the clamps anymore. But one thing I found out: wearing clamps a long time will give some burning pain to them, and if you make that pain get high enough, your nipples become more sensitive. Probably a protection mechanism for healing.

With that in mind, if you put Tabasco sauce on your nipple, it will give a great burning sensation which is completely harmless, but... and this is the kicker. After it has worn out, your nipples are very very sensitive for the next few hours. Put a nipple clamp on now and it will be very effective. ;)

I will have to point to this again though: Estim doesn't have this limitation. You will guaranteed feel it and if you want, it can hurt badly.

Another thing that you could do is needleplay. My nipples at some point could easily take clover clamps. I had to resort to clamps that have these rubber tips, remove the rubber to reveal nasty clamps that will give an imact, but damage the nipple too if worn too long. (it will heal, thats not a problem)

But ever since I started doing needle play, my nipples are more sensitive and regular clamps are felt more, especially days after doing needle play, but even if I don't do it for some time, my nipples still are more sensitive now, which is great! This even happened with the smallest needles that I used which are beginners needles (0.45mm x 13mm)

But yeah, I know this is a hard limit for many people. In fact for a long time this was high on my definite no list.
extrapervy

Post by extrapervy »

Slave_L wrote:The reason is simple why it works.

People buy them. Period.
I'm not denying it. I'm just saying they stopped after three main types.

There's obviously a demand for more ingenuity in sex toys, otherwise people wouldn't have started designing different kinds of dildos, adding vibrations, making them into machine fuckers, etc. It just seems that most makers can't get out of the box.
Slave_L wrote: Because there is a market, they think its a good product. I have a big collection of nipple clamps and in the beginning they were great because my nipples couldn't take that much. Now that they can, I don't use most of the clamps anymore. But one thing I found out: wearing clamps a long time will give some burning pain to them, and if you make that pain get high enough, your nipples become more sensitive. Probably a protection mechanism for healing.
Yeah. I have a pair of clover clamps myself, and I've attached them to an extender to pull them as far away as I can from my chest.

But I've noticed that there's more sensation in the change. When I first put them on or take them off. That's really what I'm looking for.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

extrapervy wrote:
Your bulb idea sounds interesting but I'm having trouble understanding how the clamp works with it. Regardless, I'd need to make the pump itself controlled by the computer rather than giving me a signal to control the pump.

Thanks though.

One thing I don't really understand about sex toys is why most of them seem so lame.
On the second point, I think Slave_L is right. Sex toys are relatively simple for a mass market. Manufacturers need to know there is a market for more complicated stuff before they will try to make it. For the present that's pretty much limited to chastity devices and estim as far as I know. Both are really good for self bondage and with a partner - at least that's my experience - and lots of people want them.

As for the bulb idea, I have included a sketch of the clamp end below. The other end would be similar, but with a foot pedal instead of a clamp. It's only a sketch of course. The details of how to make sure the bulb stayed in place etc would need to be worked out.

If you want it powered things get a lot more complicated. If you could make it work you would have to be absolutely sure that it could not squeeze too hard, like Slave_L says. You would also need to be sure it could not jam and leave you clamped tight for a long time. Having to apply the squeeze yourself, but being forced to do it seems a reasonable compromise.

Having said that, I'm a bit of a fan of devices that make me do something - swimming, cycling, household chores etc. Once the system is locked I find it really relaxing to just get on enjoy the activity.

Re-reading your post, I wonder if you were intending to be unrestrained. I don't think I could manage that. In fact I know I couldn't because, a couple of hours ago, Mistress K suddenly tied my hands outstretched to the bedposts at the foot of our bed, strapped my legs together and started to tease my nipples. I think she has been reading this thread. I was struggling against my bonds and trying to keep quiet as we weren't alone in the house. I am lucky :D , but there is no way I could have let her do that without being bound.
Attachments
clamp1a.jpg
clamp1a.jpg (4.25 KiB) Viewed 6656 times