bought some polycaprolactone (plastimake, instamorph, etc)

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Fredderf

bought some polycaprolactone (plastimake, instamorph, etc)

Post by Fredderf »

hi
i bought 800g of polycaprolactone from https://www.plastimake.com/ for $40 + $10 postage (AUD)
its an Australian site, so it only took 3 days to arrive,

(for those who dont know what it is, its just plastic that melts at 60°)

I have been testing it out over the last few days
my goal is to make a cheap version of a rigid fiddle
probably going to start with making rigid hand cuffs
then i will add in the neck part afterwards.
im not sure about locking, i will have to work out a selfbondage friendly method of locking it on

i cant do anything like that until monday / tuesday next week, when i am the only person at home (currently living with parents / siblings)
for now, i am just experimenting and learning what shapes are strong / stable.

some time after tuesday, i may (or not) post pictures here showing what i managed to get.

I wanted to ask:
1. Does anyone have any experience or tips with this stuff.
2. Any suggestions for other things i should do with it
3. Any ideas about how to make it lock? - either the cuffs or the fiddle?

also, sorry about this post being kinda disorganised
thanks
Knightraven8

Re: bought some polycaprolactone (plastimake, instamorph, et

Post by Knightraven8 »

This stuff looks really cool. If it works well and is as rigid/reusable as they claim, the possibilities are endless! Please let us know how your experience with it goes. I'm considering picking some up for myself!
Fredderf

Post by Fredderf »

so...
family mucked up my plans,
one of my parents was home sick today (monday)
and im pretty sure that someone will be home tomorrow (tuesday)

so i havent been able to actually do anything with this yet.
but i do have a few small updates related to this:
Hinges
i have found that hinges can be made by pressing a butter knife (not serrated at all, some butter knives are a little bit serrated) into the plastic about 1-2 minutes after taking it out of the water. dont cut all the way through, you leave about 1 mm of material.
this leaves you with 2 solid pieces joined by a thin (1mm) piece of plastic.
my tests so far: if you let it cool down completely, it is extremely hard to break the hinge, while still being flexible.

Strong shapes
i have found that if you make a triangular shape out of the plastic, it extremely hard to bend or twist.
it is possible to use less material by curving 2 sides of the triangle inwards (will show with photos what i mean in future updates)
i believe it should also be possible to make it lighter by drilling out the material in strategic locations without making it weaker.
i am aiming to get it as strong as possible while being as light as possible

Storage of polycaprolactone
when you have been experimenting with polycaprolactone, and you dont want to keep what you made,
flatten it out into a thin sheet (like a pancake), if you leave it in a ball or something like that, it takes a long time for the centre to melt.
it will be easier and quicker to get started next time if it is flat rather than a ball.
(note: make sure your sheet can fit into the container you use for melting, if necassary, split it into multiple sheets)

a shitty drawing i made:
diagram
diagram
the red circles are where i am planning on putting hinges, either the hinges i described above, or piano hinges from the hardware store.

the green circles are 2 possible locations for some sort of locking mechanism, still not sure about that yet.
been thinking about possibly using a ubolt somewhere to lock it together, but that isnt safe, so i cant do that.
i think the green circle in the middle has to be used, because it will be near all three pieces of it.
the other one is only near 2 of the pieces.
so thats my update so far.

it looks like it may be a few weeks until i can actually start building this, cause its unlikely that i will have the house to myself for a while (im only home during the day saturday to tuesday, people are always here sat / sun, and school holidays / etc are coming up for siblings)
greentea

Post by greentea »

I also have been playing with Instamorph (same material just a different brand that can be purchased off of Amazon). You can also get color "pellets" so the plastic isn't plain white, just a few pellets are needed). I have used it to make anti pull-out and decrease the size of chastity devices, seems to work very well.
A suggestion if you haven't tried it yet, use a heat gun after you have the basic design instead of using hot water. I don't know if a hair dryer will be hot enough, but I picked up a small heat gun and it works really well to heat up the plastic and fine tune locations on the plastic without messing up the rest of the surrounding areas.
Fredderf

Post by Fredderf »

greentea wrote:I also have been playing with Instamorph (same material just a different brand that can be purchased off of Amazon). You can also get color "pellets" so the plastic isn't plain white, just a few pellets are needed).
personally, my mind cares 100% functional, 0% aesthetics (kinda caused a few problems for me back in school)
so i chose not to buy the colour pack ($10 extra).
greentea wrote: ...
A suggestion if you haven't tried it yet, use a heat gun after you have the basic design instead of using hot water. I don't know if a hair dryer will be hot enough, but I picked up a small heat gun and it works really well to heat up the plastic and fine tune locations on the plastic without messing up the rest of the surrounding areas.
yea my dad has a heat gun that i have used a few times with this.
You have to be extremely careful,
the heatgun that im using has 2 temperature settings: 300°C or 500°C,
the page https://www.plastimake.com/technique/heating says that they *recommend* that you dont heat it to over 70°C,
and that "Heating Plastimake to temperatures over 200°C will damage the polymer."
so on the 300°C setting for the gun, i have to keep it pretty far away to be safe.

i have not tried a hair dryer yet, that might be a safer temperature to use for this (google didnt help me find how hot hair dryers are)
i hadnt thought of using a hair dryer for this, i might try it soon
MSpike

Post by MSpike »

Fredderf,

For locking, you can make a structure like your hinge, but leave a larger hole so a padlock can hold the overlapping parts of the "hinge" in place. Also, it's easier to form or melt a hole, drilling the material can be a problem.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Mar Lingspike wrote:Also, it's easier to form or melt a hole, drilling the material can be a problem.
While it's often easier to form a hole, drilling is fine as long as you make sure the work is properly hardened, and you go slow so the bit and work don't warm up too much. That's a bit of a trick, but sometimes you really need the work formed accurately before you attempt to add a hole.
Fredderf

Post by Fredderf »

i have some good news and some bad news:
(i will start with the bad news first)

BAD NEWS: i am discontinuing this project, because of the good news below.

GOOD NEWS: I now have a 3d printer! (mostly)

recently had my birthday, and i was given a 3d printer, so i will be experimenting with that instead of this.
(if i make anything interesting, i will post a link to the build files to this website)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Congratulations! :D

We're all looking forward to seeing your naughty experiments and how you're learning to master this lovely new toy. 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!