Whip Machine

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Keyless

Whip Machine

Post by Keyless »

Mistress K can’t use a whip properly any more because of a dodgy arm, so my thoughts turned to the possibility of a machine. I was hoping for a human powered machine rather than one powered by electricity. This is my current thought. It is still too complicated to be a quick build, so I may not get around to trying it for real.

I calculate that the kinetic energy of the cane used here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_in ... cial_canin is about 40Nm, equivalent to a 4 kg weight falling through 1 metre. Obviously we would not want any where near that energy for “recreational” purposes. I am wondering if it would be possible to make a whipping machine based on the dropping of a weight. One possibility might be something outlined in the diagram. No compressors or electric motors required. The victim is strapped to a post so that he is unable to escape the whip. When the weight falls, it will hit the stop, jerk cord B and :whip: . (The spring, together with any spring in cord B, will help to absorb the energy of the weight and keep the force on the whip as it accelerates.) The victim can then lower the electromagnet by raising his arms above his head, so as to pick the weight up again. When it reaches the top of its travel the electromagnet is released by a switch and again :whip: . There would be some sort of counter to force the required number of strokes to get release. Of course, this is only an outline; details such as release mechanism and emergency release need to be worked out!

It could be made into a sort of predicament scenario. Weights could be added to the electromagnet, preventing the victim from relaxing with his hands in the down position. He could relieve this by moving his hands upwards above his head, then tire of that position and want to lower them again.

This could be used in a self bondage scenario or under the control of a mistress. She could set the punishment and just sit back and watch, or leave the slave to punish himself.

There are lots of other possible configurations. If you are the sort of person likely to have gym equipment, you could probably make this look vanilla with the removal of a few bits.

For safety, it would be essential to be quite sure the post could not topple over, even with a struggling victim. Also, of course, reliable emergency release mechanisms would be needed.

Any thoughts?
Attachments
Whip machine drawing.jpg
KinkInSpace

Re: Whip Machine

Post by KinkInSpace »

Interesting idea, but there's one flaw.

If you know a bit about whipping, then you know that great pain can be felt by whipping an area, but let the whip bounce off the flesh as quickly as possible. It will feel more stingy and less force is required to give more superficial marks.

The idea presented here would cause the force to be transferred as deeply into the subject as possible, causing more subdermal injury than superficial marks.

A way to ensure this works, is to have the whip have a magnet attached to the handle and a cord. By the magnet, the whip is attached to the mechanic, but as soon as the whip hits the subject, the magnet can't hold onto the whip and as such by newtons law (for every reaction is an equal and opposite reaction), the whip itself will detatch from its mechanism and thus the actual whipping effect is recreated. Because the whip is attached to a rope, it doesn't go anywhere, and if this rope is inside the magnet, a simple pull on the rope could reattach the whip back to the mechanism.

That said, you will need considerable weight to accellerate the whip fast enough. You may get better results allowing more distance to travel for the whip itself. In fact, it is possible to make the whip make an arch of 90 degrees so it accellerates as it moves down in conjuncture with your mechanics with a weight. Make sure the actual whip is not too heavy or the impact given by the whip the moment the subject is hit will more likely cause subdermal injury rather than superficial marks.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Thanks for your thoughts. Actually I think it probably has a lot more than one flaw at this stage of development. I think you are quite right about the possible deep damage that can be done by a whip. When Mistress K first got her riding crop and used the shaft as a cane, it left bruises. We don’t want that.

A bit of background on my train of thought might help. In my mind there is nothing quite like a whipping to establish the reinforce the relative positions of a Mistress and her slave (except perhaps a chastity belt). As I said, Mistress K has a problem using a whip now so I was trying to think out a machine to do it for her, which was simple enough to actually construct. I soon realised that a whip stroke requires a considerable amount of energy and this must be released in around a tenth of a second. Clearly some form of energy storage would be required, whatever the original generator. The idea of the slave providing the power himself seemed to me to have a rather nice irony and could be simpler than a motor. That left me with three possibilities – a spring, compressed air or a falling weight. It is important that the mechanism is reasonably quiet. To achieve this it is desirable to have no parts still moving after the stroke as they have to be stopped by cushions or buffers. The only spring I could think of, capable of storing the required energy and with no part moving at the end of the stroke was a bow (as in bow and arrow). I was not sure if it would be possible to get hold of the spring off a bow at a reasonable price, given that the whole thing might not work. Compressed air has possibilities, with the slave providing the compressed air using a foot pump. Still complicated and potentially expensive.

So, to the falling weight. The full details of how it is supposed to work, if you can get everything right, is that the weight hits the stop and immediately starts to transfer its energy into the stretch of the cord B and the spring if fitted. The whip then starts moving and the energy is progressively transferred to the whip mechanism and into the bend of the whip itself. By the time the whip strikes, the weight should have almost stopped and be brought to a final halt by a by a fixed cushioned stop. Cord B should be slack, leaving the only energy in the movement and bend of the whip, the movement of the operating lever and perhaps some residual movement in cord B. The whip can then bounce off as you suggest. Perhaps there needs to be a stop on the whip movement as well, which is basically what you were suggesting I think. Also, I think you are right that the whip needs to move through a much larger angle than I have shown. Actually I’m not sure that a vertical whip is practical for a standing victim, so that might need re-thinking.

Others might find this useful as some Mistresses might feel that they should not be put to the trouble of administering a whipping. Some find it difficult to inflict pain even though they have full consent or even encouragement from the slave. They might find it easier just to set the stroke count and leave. I’m not sure Mistress K ever really got over this reluctance although she became quite competent before she hurt her arm :) .

I might give more consideration to the possibility of using a bow. I’ll post it if I do.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Have you considered going for a far easier approach?

Using rubber bands and simply make them fly into your body? It'll give the same sting as a whip stroke, and if you add a wooden cane in between and you make sure the rubber bands stop accellerating before they hit you, you can simply pull a cord backwards to create tension, and release to get the whiplash. It could be made so that if you pull a cord at some point it get a hook in place and Mistress K can press a shooter button to release everything, like with a crossbow.

So basically, you have 2 poles fixed. Attached to each pole is a rubber band (or multiple). Both strings of rubberbands connect to whatever you use to whip with, such as a wooden paddle or cane. Attached to the wooden device is a string which is pulled back to add tension to the contraption. The more tension, the more powerful the whip is going to be. Just make sure you are not between the poles but at least 20 cm in front of it. The wooden device is supposed to propel itself between the poles before it hits you. At this point, it no longer uses the kinetic energy of the rubber bands and just bounces off of you. Keep in mind that it is possible that the rubber bands dampen the energy. To avoid that, add rope between the rubber bands and the wooden device and make sure that when the rubber bands are not under any tension, and the wooden device is where it would hit you, the rope required to fill in its place is what is there.

If done correctly, the wooden device will fly through the air and bounce against your skin with the force it was given If this is too much, you can make the rope a bit shorter so the elastic band starts to cancel the speed at the very end.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Thanks for the idea. I did consider rubber bands briefly, but I did not think they would deliver enough energy. In a quick experiment, an 80cm "bungee" cord seemed to be able to give a couple of kg when stretched by about 20cm, so I would need several of them to get the energy required. I think you are right that a mechanism like a bow, with both ends of the elastic fixed is the way to do it. Also, I agree that the whip should be free of the elastic before it reaches the target. I need to give it some more thought, including the rope idea..

Unfortunately I think I might have to leave it for a while as there are other things I have to do. Mistress K is beginning to get a bit annoyed that they are not done.