Locked Away project

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
LockedAway

Locked Away project

Post by LockedAway »

First I'll start with describing the project as a whole than I'll work my into more technical details once I progress with this project.

Locked Away is a project of mine that is a scenario based, timed lock box for keys!

Scenario's and time parameters are pre-loaded by the user.

A LCD screen located on the front of the box will randomly pick and display a scenario that's pre-loaded. A 5 minute timer starts by default that after reached will lock the only key to your lock. After the box locks, a randomly picked time between your parameters will start counting down.

You're now locked away!

The box will not open until the time randomly determined has been reached :hi:

The box will be mobile as it is powered by internal rechargeable batteries but can also be used with the ac adapter. Fail-safe loss of power will unlock the box.

I am using 50 scenarios in testing but believe the final product will hold much more (You'll have a harder time thinking of scenarios to fill it!)

I'm looking to see if there is any interest for something such as this. I have plenty of ideas to expand on this, such as incorporating the ability for others to pick a selected number of scenarios FOR you via mobile app, then displaying the randomly picked scenario and time to both users (WiFi required).

I'm working on core functions of Locked Away along with a 3d printed box to use for the prototype. A custom metal housing will be in order if there's such demand for this.

As of now it's for my personal use ;)

Questions, suggestions, opinions?

*Will update core components and technical information later if needed. Thanks!
xt

Re: Locked Away project

Post by xt »

Sounds pretty alright to me!

If I understand correctly, what you are describing is essentially a kitchen safe, but with the random-timing aspect. I think the reception to this should be good, considering that probably a lot of us would like to have the random timer without having to know how to code to an Arduino, or have to use a laptop to run a program.

I'd say you could almost skip the scenario inputting. You could just input a set of numbers (say, 1-100), and when the machine spits out a number, the user just matches that number to his or her own numbered list of scenarios.

For additional flexibility, may I suggest the following: have the lid be hinged, so that if the box is mounted upside-down (i.e., lid-side down), then when the timer ends, the weight of what's inside will have the lid flop open and drop the keys/load down towards the floor.

Furthermore, if you left a small opening / notch at the rim of the box, the user could run a string through the hole, to the keys, to allow them to swing over to his or her location (again, if the box was mounted to the ceiling or something overhead).

You could easily use an inexpensive plastic storage box as the main housing, then work your magic with the timer mechanism. I'd totally use this for overhead key placement, as the electromagnet I currently sometimes use starts to generate a lot of heat past the 90-minute mark. (Make sure it's "power-off = unlock!")

Keep us posted...
LockedAway

Post by LockedAway »

Thanks for the input and ideas!

I could easily add mounting holes for it to be hung from overhead. I could also add a 5v electromagnet and another mounting hole and have it exposed to the bottom of the box; when the timer is up it will cut off power releasing the key and letting it hang below the box with a attached string.

Removing the scenarios and using numbers like you mentioned instead would allow me to use a 4 or 7 segment display which would cut cost and complexity making it cheaper and easier to reproduce.

I will be giving away a unit once I have it made!
LockedAway

Post by LockedAway »

I've made some progress on this. I have all the coding done; everything seems to be functional and working.

The only problem I'm running into is finding a box to house this project in. I cannot seem to find something I can modify to work. The closest thing I've found was "joybox" a small sex toy box.

https://www.amazon.com/Joyboxx-Playtray ... B00PMQCSW0

I'm not sure how I'd incorporate the fail safe with this setup though, so that's why I haven't made significant progress. I could use the electromagnet on the bottom for a fail safe but I'd have to come up with a solution for the "key" tray on top .

Any suggestions?

I may just need to make something 100% custom. It's just not overly fun printing large objects that's not guaranteed to work. I could technically use wood as well though if it comes down to it.
xt

Post by xt »

How about something more along these lines:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D ... i=12896431

Perhaps plastic box of this nature, that is inexpensive enough to experiment on and easy enough to modify?
AssTechWarrior

Post by AssTechWarrior »

Do you have a makerspace nearby?

There are STL files available to 3d print lids for many project boxes and you can the include the mounting bosses for the LCD and cirsuit boards.

An alternate maker space option is the laser cutter and a standard project box although most spaces don't have a laser that will cut metal ( if you wanted to make it really tough )

For the truly indestructable I'd just weld one up out of 4mm sheet steel. Use a couple of 10000 MAH usb batter packs to power it and an electromagnet to hold the lid closed.
LockedAway

Post by LockedAway »

I have a 3d printer at home, I just haven't found something I like and or would work just yet. I think I might be able to modify something though or just start from scratch.

I did not know makerspaces exist! Turns out I do have one near me too.

I have thought of using a plastic box like mentioned above and just 3d printing inserts for it. I need to do more testing with the strength of the electromagnets I have on hand. I was thinking of something flat, that you can't grip to decrease the likelihood of surpassing the rated hold limit .
(prying it open with a "slim jim" tool would always be an option of course and such method wouldn't harm the components if needed to be opened in an emergency).

I think I might start designing something tonight and see what I can come up with. Just waiting on the dial caliper I ordered *tears*

Thanks for the suggestions, it helps a lot.
LockedAway

Post by LockedAway »

Well I found a box that will work and it was a decent price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002BSR ... UTF8&psc=1

I'll be working on getting everything setup this weekend and should have a progress update!