building a dungeon

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
dsteve

building a dungeon

Post by dsteve »

I live in a medium sized split level house. I have been thinking for some time that we need a dungeon. This is my current wish list for the dungeon. I am looking for more suggestions.
The house is on a hill so that the main floor is on the same level as the street in front, but the lower level opens onto the back yard in back. Not really a basement, because the floor of this level is even with the back yard and has large windows and patio glass doors opening onto the yard. The dungeon will be in the back of this lower level.
The dimensions of the house are 24 feet by 40 feet. We will be keeping half the lower level for a media/game room (obviously the part closest to the yard), so the dungeon will be about 24 by 20 feet. Plenty of room to swing a whip.
The first step in construction will be to separate the two parts of the level. Currently there is nothing there. Just a large unfinished space with a concrete floor and the heater in one corner. I will build a wall down the middle separating the space into two large rooms. The plan is for a concrete block wall for security and soundproofing. There will also be double doors for soundproofing. Once inside the participants will not be bothered by the outside world (and vice versa). The doors will be solid with a good quality deadbolt lock. The outside door will be disguised as a cabinet or bookcase – something like a secret passage. We will be able to use the front as a vanilla room without anyone knowing what is in the hidden space.
The walls on this level are poured concrete. The outside of these walls are mostly below grade, but there are two small windows, one on each side of the house. These will be removed and bricked up with two layers of brick. With the new wall, the dungeon will be completely enclosed. It will be almost totally soundproof and will be totally dark. The finish on the walls is rough concrete. The floor is smooth concrete like any basement or garage floor. The ceiling is regular drywall. My plan is to paint everything black or dark grey.
I want two cells in the dungeon. One will be a “punishment cell”. It will be a concrete block cube 4.5 feet on a side. This will keep me from stretching out in any direction. The door will be heavy steel plate with riveted hinges. There will be a grate in the door which can be covered or opened from the outside and a slot for passing food and water. I imagine a thin straw mat covered with rough canvas. There will be rings set in the wall to attach chains. The second cell will be a standard prison type with steel bars. This cell will also have several rings in the wall and ceiling for chains.
I have always liked the look of the wooden pillory. We need one of those. I like the idea of oval wrist holes instead of circular, so that the wrists are held in one position and cannot be rotated. There will also be built in stocks for the ankles. I will be held at five points and will be in a perfect position for whipping or anal play.
There will be a king bed. I will sometimes be tied or chained to the four corners, spread eagle.
I like the pole tie. There will be a solid wooden pole, attached at the floor a ceiling. The pole will have cleats on the back to make tying easier and more secure. A St Andrews cross will be another wooden accessory.
For suspension there will be multiple eye bolts in the ceiling. Chains and shackles will be hanging from several of them and they will be able to be rearranged into many configurations. I like these shackles:https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1FJhjNXXX ... font-b.jpg .They are oval, to fit wrists and ankles better, and they close with a screw so there is no clunky padlock involved. They look to be smooth and comfortable. There will also be attachment points in the floor under the ceiling points for a standing spread eagle.
Along one wall will be storage cabinets and wall hooks. The cabinets will contain supplies like lubricants, fetish clothing, gags, blindfolds, hoods, handcuffs, locks and keys. The hooks will have neatly coiled rope in many lengths and a rich assortment of whips.
There will be several cameras, discretely placed in nooks in the wall. My captor will be able to monitor me from upstairs and we will be able to broadcast over a secure internet feed to other interested parties. We can also record the events for future viewing.
The dungeon will be climate controlled. We already have radiant heating in the floor. I will need to route an air duct in for fresh air and cooling in the summer. I want myself or any other victim to be comfortable while being tortured.

Now, anyone have any other suggestions.
Old Timer

Re: building a dungeon

Post by Old Timer »

Sounds like you have thought this out! If I had the room here I would do something similar, I like the stocks and pillory but also a nice bondage bench and a few good heavy wooden chairs. I have a few ideas for some furniture I'd like to be tied to that I would need to build. For lifting and suspension I bought a cable hoist, it is a great addition and is so much more safe than slipping off the edge of a chair into a suspended position. If I were to buy another one I would try and get one with a wireless controller as so far that has been the only feature that has a limitation.
"Everything is relative to the observer"
"You don't get to be old by being a fool"
dsteve

Post by dsteve »

forgot about the chair tie. I do like the idea of a heavy wooden arm chair. I would want it to be either very heavy or bolted to to floor. I like things that are rigid and immovable. I have seen an interesting self bondage chair on a video somewhere. I also like the idea of an electric motor driven hoist. I forgot to state that the area I have has a high ceiling - a bit less than 10 feet. Perfect for suspension and standing spread eagle.
Thanks for the input.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

There would definitely be a few things I'd put in the dungeon if I built it. First there would be some table with wheels so it can be moved easily. There would be anchor points in the ceiling that is strong enough to do suspension bondage.

(one would lie on the table, be tied up in suspension bondage, then the table be moved away).

Another thing would be a wooden pony. This is basically a wooden pole or shelf placed vertically where the aim is to sit on it. This can be suspended from the ceiling too.

Given that many things can be suspended, it can be a good idea to install a lifting system, so you can lower or raise a hook attached to a steel cable, capable of actually lifting someone up (if the space is there) Could be someone in a metal cage being lifted into the air.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

One of my favorite positions is to be tied to a heavy wooden arm chair and then suspend the chair.
"Everything is relative to the observer"
"You don't get to be old by being a fool"
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Personally I'd consider just putting some good double glazing in the windows and keep the possibility of opening them (maybe just put some extra shutters on the inside). If you brick them up it becomes that much harder to air the place out a bit after a sweaty session. A bit of natural breeze is often much nicer and faster than having to wait for an AC system to move enough air through. Also, brick and concrete are actually pretty good at transmitting noise, so a proper double glazed windowpane might actually stop more noise!

As for building materials, some concrete blocks are better at soundproofing than others. Solid concrete transmits sounds like crazy, noise just goes straight through thinner walls. The looser material of blocks often dampens quite well, but you could consider cladding one side of it with plaster board over wood slats and fill in the empty space between the slats with insulation material.

For eyebolts (especially those intended for suspension) make sure you get eyebolts that have some a high enough DYNAMIC pull out rating. If they don't have a rating or you don't know, they are NOT safe for suspension! For suspension points, depending on the material it is mounted to it might be better to go with a wall plate, where the anchor can be secured on 3 or 4 points instead of the usual single point screw in plug type eyebolts. When in doubt, go to a professional and just tell them you are trying to hang a hammock or hammock chair. Same type of loads and totally innocuous. :rofl: . Be very very sure your ceiling/floor can support a point load like this as well. Not all construction materials lend themselves to this.

And finally, I am "a tad" envious of your situation :mrgreen: Good luck with the build and I'm sure we'd all like to see some pictures of the results.
Last edited by Gregovic on 06 Apr 2017, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
CaptainJoe

Post by CaptainJoe »

Hi,

I agree with Gregovic - solid concrete is as soundproof as a drum. I tend to say "Gesundheit!" when my neighbour sneezes :roll:

Joe
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

My block-house is well done - raised four kids with no neighbor's complaints...
But...
- in the middle of the night (week-end sessions), the noise of the winch, or fallen bottles/metal, or ratchets might travel longer...
- also, if Your area is quiet, the signal/noise ratio is bigger, and noises are distinguished easier...
(I have a rubber box for all of my carabins, chains, rings so no metal falling on the floor tiles)
- what about Your own noises (will You scream if nipple clamps are pulling too strong?)
- or whipping/flogging noises...

Have fun, keep it private,
f4
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

It's not actually clear that you're looking to soundproof this room... from outside, from the media room, and/or from the upstairs. If so, I'd suggest a close look at the materials and practices used by soundproofing professional. Your existing ceiling is likely to transmit a lot of sound, especially if you use something like a chain hoist suspended from it. A concrete block wall is not an effective sound barrier.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Your description is very similar to something which has been lurking in my imagination for some time. It would belong in the fiction section were it not a reply to your post. It will never be built and I doubt Mistress K would want anything quite so severe anyway. Even so, it might trigger an idea for your own project.

I saw the front section as guest accommodation, with a small kitchen, rather than a games room. In my thoughts, the entrance to the dungeon would be concealed by a floor to ceiling mirror which would swing open providing it was unlocked. This could be done using electrically powered bolts from upstairs, so that there would be no chance of a vanilla guest being able to open it. As in your plan there would be a second door, which would be light trapped.

I envisaged one cell with bars. It would have a toilet so that, if working from home, I could be locked up all day or even several days if I had a bunk bed. I thought it might be worth raising the floor so that there would not be standing headroom. This would allow for a punishment cage and storage for equipment underneath. A three position door could be open, locked shut, but still allow access to the toilet, or closed completely to deny access to the toilet.

Having got plumbing, maybe a cold shower facility could be added.

The equipment I envisaged was pretty much what you describe, but I thought it would be good to incorporate forced exercise machines. Also, perhaps a dining table so that selected guests could be entertained in a dungeon setting. Slaves could prepare the food in the kitchen. I envisaged a four poster bed. They have all sorts of interesting bondage possibilities. Ours is designed to look vanilla but, in a dungeon you could have something much more medieval. A bondage pony like this http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... ff4#p72882 could be good.

The lighting could be interesting. I envisaged that all the lighting controls could be locked. I thought it might be fun to have three independently dimable red green and blue lights, so that any brightness and any colour from cold blue to a hot red could be achieved. Also, maybe movable spotlights could be aimed at the slave, whilst his mistress could lurk in the shadows. Of course, all the lights could be on timers. If I was going to work in the cell, I would need a warning of the lights going off, so as I could power down my computer properly.

On a safety note, I envisaged that everything would use magnetic locks with panic buttons for emergency release or they would release automatically if there were a power failure. If Mistress were in the house an alarm would sound for a couple of minutes before I was released. If she wanted to go out there would be a facility to call her from the cell and explain the problem. She could release me remotely if she thought fit. I think it might be possible to fix up a system to release automatically if she did not answer. In any case some simple backup would be a good idea. Cameras, as you suggest, would be important. Perhaps there should be emergency lights to come on in a power failure.

The other safety matter you might need to consider is the ventilation of the punishment cell. This has been discussed in the post at http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... ff4#p71223 I still don’t know whether there is a real danger or not.

I think it would be important to stop the dungeon being used for other purposes, so I devised some rules as follows:

RULES OF THE DUNGEON

By entering the dungeon, Mistresses agree to enforce these rules and slaves agree to be subject to that enforcement.

Slaves must not enter the dungeon unless taken in by their Mistress.

Mistresses must not enter the dungeon unless they have their slave with them or their slave is already in the dungeon.

Slaves must enter the dungeon naked except for restraints, chastity devices and fetish items as required by their Mistress. Buttocks must always be uncovered to facilitate effective whipping.

Mistresses must wear fetish clothing as befits a Mistress.

Before entering the dungeon, a slave must lock on leg irons and a collar. Collar must have a ring for attachment of a lead or tether. The slave must then handcuff himself behind his back before entering the dungeon.

By doing so the slave acknowledges that he is giving his consent to be restrained and given corporal punishment until all restraints have been removed.

Collar must not be removed whilst the slave is in the dungeon. Leg irons must not be removed except in the few cases where this is necessary to use equipment. They must be re-fitted as soon as possible.

For transfer to punishment equipment slaves must be chained to the equipment before hand or foot restraints are removed.

If the slave can reach his genitals he must be in a chastity device.

If there is more than one slave in the dungeon, all must be gagged to prevent discussion between them.

Upon entry to the dungeon, slaves must be bent over the special whipping bench and their arms fastened above in the strappado position. They must then be given 5 strokes with an implement of Mistress’s choice. This procedure is to reinforce the roles of the parties before any other activity and must remain distinct from any other activity. In particular it must be distinct from and in addition to any other corporal punishment. The slave must be removed from the special whipping bench following the 5 strokes and the equipment is not to be used for any other purpose. If the slave leaves the dungeon and subsequently returns, this procedure need not be repeated if his leg irons and collar remain locked on whilst he is outside the dungeon.

Mistress may decide to replace the handcuffs with some other hand restraint once the initial whipping has taken place. The slave must be chained up, fitted with a locked blindfold or similarly disabled before the handcuffs are removed. The slave’s hands should be restrained as restrictively as practical at all times. If a slave requires use of his hands whilst in the dungeon (eg for maintenance work or using a computer) he must be chained up (shortest practical chain) or placed in a cell or cage before the hand restraints are relaxed or removed.

The slave should be restrained hand and foot, in the cell or caged overnight.

Mistresses may decide to allow slaves to join them in dining, in which case the slaves need not be gagged and free conversation is permitted. The leg irons and fetish dress/nakedness is still required.

Regrettably, for me, it will remain a fantasy as we don’t have a house with any sort of basement and there is no way I could construct a dungeon like that anyway. Best wishes for your project and do let us know how it goes.
Maid_Lauren

Post by Maid_Lauren »

Nice ideas! I would be happy for a closet or space under a stairs for my dungeon.
smelt

Post by smelt »

I just noticed this. We are kind of working on the same thing. We have an extra bedroom, roughly 12x14, that is going to be converted. My idea was to use 4x6 timbers, upright in the corners, with a full timber frame above them, around the perimeter of the whole room. Sort of a post-and-beam thing going on. Very easy to add connection points, plus it can all be lag bolted to the existing framing, right thru the sheetrock. Our room will be painted a deep red, with black trim,and variable color LED lighting.

One suggestion on concrete walls, is look into the acoustic soundproofing boards. We put them in a friend's band practice area, and what a difference. They are a bit expensive, but worth it, if you can't be heard. And one other consideration is resale of your home. If you use black tint on the windows, it is removable. Bricks are another story. I never plan to sell my house, but have done other things I never planned on, either. Just something to keep in mind.

One other suggestion: Drop-in concrete anchors are your friend. They are left in, while the item attached is unbolted to be moved. So you can easily re-bolt the pillory, or whatever right back in place. Also a convenient place to attach an eye bolt in a hurry. No studs sticking up to trip over in the dark...