time delay safe

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Derek

time delay safe

Post by Derek »

well I gave up on the ice lock safe idea and broke down and ordered a digital mini safe on the ebay... I've seen people on here use 120v timers and digital timer circuit boards...Iam wondering if anybody has used a mechanical spring wound timer to build one? I have a 12h timer with a cup ziptied to it now, but I figure I can run the 4AA batteries in the safe to the spring timer with a relay, 6v.. so once the time runs out, it energizes the lock coil and unlocks the safe, for safety of the coil id add a momentary switch on the back of the door so when it does unlock it opens the circuit from the batteries and de-energizes the coil...
I also have a 12v timer circuit board from ebay that does up to 16hrs.. well 999 minutes... it can run on a 9v battery and use the 4AA in the safe threw the onboard relay to open the lock, I have to play with it a bunch more and learn how to set it up.. didn't come with instructions.... I just like the simplicity of the spring wound timer.
ruru67

Re: time delay safe

Post by ruru67 »

Um, why wouldn't you just get a Kitchen Safe or something? OK, it's not quite as solid as a real mini safe, but it's cheap and reliable, locks for any number of minutes up to 10 days, has an external battery case so the batteries can be replaced if they run down while locked, and saves the time remaining in non-volatile storage every 5 minutes so replacing the batteries doesn't leave you starting from scratch or remaining locked indefinitely.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Yeah, I was going to suggest the exact same thing. The Kitchen Safe is the item to have if you want to lock something away for a good time, and they ship world wide too.

Also: what ruru67 meant is: the Kitchen Safe allows access to the battery while the safe is in lock down mode. It writes the current time to a flash medium that is inaccessible every 5 minutes. So removing the battery will ensure that the safe stays locked, and that after inserting the battery, it will resume where it left off. There's no back-entrance to get into the device once locked. If you really want to get in, you will have to break the hard plastic somehow.

Given that this requires lots of force, if you want to prevent yourself from doing that, you can put something alongside in the safe that is fragile which either has a lot of value to you, or will make it impossible or otherwise crappy to use whatever you locked in there. For example a balloon filled with paint will ensure that if you smash the kitchen safe, the surrounded area will be painted.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

If you take the battery case off, you can get a knife or something between the lid and the box. On the first version (the one I have), you could actually lever it open enough to clear the latch and lift the lid. I pointed this out to them, they replicated the problem and subsequent productions runs have longer latches. I explained in more detail here

If you try to level it any further open, the box will split. In my correspondence with the manufacturer, they mentioned that they'd discovered this; alas by then, so had I. I found another solution to the short latch problem that also allowed me to keep using the damaged box.

So it depends what you need to keep you out. If destroying the box is not a sufficient deterrent (while it's not super expensive, it's not super cheap either, and getting a replacement will take time), you'll need to do something else, e.g. Slave_L's suggestions. Bear in mind though that the levering trick will not necessarily upset the box too much if you hold it down while you do it. You could reinforce it, or even build an alternative box that just uses the lid.

But the bottom line is that getting into any box or out of any bondage is just a question of time and tools, and a willingness to destroy whatever is between you and freedom. Most of what we do is not "serious" - if we really need out, a Dremel tool will make short work of most bondage or chastity gear.