Different Candle Release

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Pinkbottom

Post by Pinkbottom »

It occurs to me that if the open flame of a tea candle bothers you, there are many ways to do the same thing.

For example I have a tiny incense cooker, it is really just a very small crock pot. You could place the key inside with some water so the stoneware doesn't crack and plug it into a timer. It would take longer to heat up and cool down, but you could also time it more precisely, and there is no flame involved.

For myself I prefer the candle. Even though they are extremely reliable, a timer 'can' malfunction. But a candle will always, absolutely, positively, without fail, go out.

Pink
Nightguy

Post by Nightguy »

This got me thinking of the outdoor version.

A key suspended by chain hung from a metal rig staked to the ground. The key would hang over a nice little bonfire, burning hot and preventing you from getting close.

There you are, naked and chained, waiting not only for the fire to go out, but for the ashes to die down and cool enough for you to step on it so you can reach the key.

Call it, the Firewalk release! :)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Nightguy wrote:Call it, the Firewalk release! :)
Something for the very patient!

I remember when I went camping with my folks we put the campfire out late - around 11 pm - and around 6 am the ashes were still hot enough to prevent anyone from poking a finger in there. And it wasn't a large campfire! I suppose that nice thick callouses on the feet would help.

If you really like torment, do it in June in the woods north of here. The insects will eat you alive! :shock:

Not my personal preference, but it would be delightful to watch someone else suffer that way... :twisted: :twisted:

Or make someone watch the other suffer that way. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oh, I am sooooo mean! 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Pinkbottom

Post by Pinkbottom »

Something for the very patient!
Indeed! I've also seen even small campfires stay hot for a long time.

Plus an unattended campfire is a far less controlled fire than a tea candle.

It did get me thinking though. I first wondered about perhaps using a camping lantern and then it occurred to me that a small oil or alcohol lamp could be a great option.

I remember using alcohol lamps in chemestry class in school. They were small, low, and burned at pretty predictable rates once you established the size of the flame.

With a little practice you could probably fuel one for a pretty specific time frame. Not as accurate as a clock or a electronic timer, but likely within about five or ten minutes.

Personally I don't want to know the 'exact' time I will be freed, I always turn the clock away or blindfold myself. But sometimes I have to keep the session within a certain time limit for practical reasons.

Pink
Warlock

Post by Warlock »

Something interesting I will point out about your release:

metal conducts heat
coat hanger is made of metal
base of coat hanger is gonna get warm?

It's on a wooden table and has a book holding it in place, does the heat get that far?

Otherwise I love it, I'd quite like to be able to see the flame though.
Pinkbottom

Post by Pinkbottom »

metal conducts heat
Yes.
coat hanger is made of metal
Yes.
base of coat hanger is gonna get warm?
Yes, but nowhere near warm enough to set the book, nightstand, or even a pool of gasoline on fire. Near the base it is quite touchable even after many hours.

Pink
Warlock

Post by Warlock »

I was thinking more along the lines of damage without fire, but it's good.