DIY Spreader Bar

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Fifer

DIY Spreader Bar

Post by Fifer »

Latest project to come out of the workshop, something I've been meaning to make for a good while. Simply an 800mm length of 25mm box section steel, with four 20mm ID shaft collars welded on. Initially I had planned to paint this, but rather like the rough, slightly rusty look it has just now.
I couldn't wait to have a play with this, these pics were taken whilst the bar was still warm from the welder and grinder (I did wipe it clean however).
I tried this initially in a conventional 'limbs out in front' position, then bent over so that my hands and feet stuck out behind me with my ass in the air, also tried it for a hogtie, though this put a lot of pressure on my hips. I acted the coward though, leaving the keys in both wrist locks, just to be on the safe side whilst experimenting.
My partner is doing a 12 hour shift at work tomorrow, so now planning a session to use my new toy!

cdinbonds

Re: DIY Spreader Bar

Post by cdinbonds »

Nice work!
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

that makes me want to get a decent welder! nice work on the welds, I like it!
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Really nice indeed.

I've tried my share working with plywood and although it sorta works, its still too flexible so I have to secure it to the wall, but it works too. :)
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Fifer

Post by Fifer »

Thanks for your kind words folks. I have a few more projects in the pipeline, hopefully get them made & pictures posted soon.

Regards,
F.
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

I like to work in metal, but wood feels more... organic...

I use oak hand-rails (7foot/2m with 2inches/6cm diameter) for spreader, or "cross", or Japanese X (don't know how it's called, low g00gle mojo...)
from human perspective, oak is like steel: there is no give...

...back to OP: wonderful job, is it different steel for rail and for rings? (pipe cuts or spacers?)
And a more personal question:
Did You kink in Your shop?
(I did, it's a different scene from the bedroom...)

Have fun, strike the iron while it's hot
f4
Fifer

Post by Fifer »

I agree completely that wood is more organic, wood can be finished in such a beautiful way that isn't possible with a piece of steel. But I am no good at woodwork!
Both the spacers and bar are mild steel, very cheap to buy online and quick to put together.
No, I didn't kink in my workshop, there is no room at the moment, I need to tidy up and put things away. But once clean and tidy, who knows? The steel roof frame might be very useful!

Regards,
F.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Indeed, wood can be worked and finished so the final product is a work of art. Our resident woodworker, Rader, has done several pieces for some clients and they're a testimonial to his fine craftsmanship.

But metal, when rough and with the right patina, has a dark, medieval quality to it. Where wood can inspire awe from its finely crafted beauty, metal can just plain scare the crap out of you. Sometimes you want exactly that effect. :twisted:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!