Lock a corset?

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
KinkInSpace

Lock a corset?

Post by KinkInSpace »

Does anyone know a reliable way to lock a corset using one or more padlocks, where the only way to remove the corset is to remove the padlocks. Anything I can build preferably or if its cheap and already exists, that would work too.

If you know something that is a guaranteed success but is pricy, for the sake of having all options open, feel free to mention it too.

Basically I want to force wearing a corset for say... 8 hours by means of putting the key in my kitchen safe.

I don't mind if it is still possible to loosen up the corset a bit, as long as I can't completely remove it. If preventing to loosen up is an option, I am all ears though.

Also, a solution that does not become painful if I lay on my back is preferable, but not required.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
TNTBound

Re: Lock a corset?

Post by TNTBound »

would it be possible to use two small padlocks and a small piece of chain to lock the eyelets together?
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Doing it like TNTbound suggests could work, but it'll put a lot of extra forces on the rear stays, possibly causing extra wear. OK for occasional use but it COULD ruin the corset. (Not that bad if they are 20 euro chinese made corsets like most of mine, gets expensive if they are well made ones costing 60 euros and way way up)

Years ago I came across a photo of a locking pouch that basically attached to the laces above and below the "rabbit ears" used to tie the corset off. The rabbit ears passed through a large grommet in the center and where knotted inside the pouch, then the pouch locked on top of it. I think it was a creation by Contour Corsets (damn I drool every time I visit that site). Unfortunately I can only find more advanced versions of that system that are integrated into the corset there. Maybe I got the source wrong.

I've been thinking about making something like that for some time now, but every time I get the sewing machine set up I have more urgent projects to get finished and never get around to it. (BTW, if you ever want to feel like a chick magnet, do some sewing in public :rofl: They'll come from everywhere)
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

@TNTBound: Yeah, I don't really want to use padlocks and chains on the back nor front due to wear. The corsets I have are 75EUR. I don't want to trash them. Besides I am not that flexible that I can lock it behind my back once I have the corset on.

@Gregovic: Can you link me to one of those corsets that have the feature? I browsed a few corsets and don't seem to understand what you mean.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Slipping a padlock through the eyelets at the back, at waist level, once the corset is fully laced, is one option. It won't let you loosen the corset at the waist, but you still could loosen the laces. That would not have any effect at the waist but would cause the bones at the back to bend in an unusual shape and risk causing damage to the corset. Let's say it's an incentive to leave the corset alone and not tamper with the laces.

The only better incentive is a mean Mistress with a whipping implement and zero shyness to use it. :whip:

Zip ties through the eyelets? Adaptable to the spacing you set at the rear and not possible to loosen. As good as a padlock but you have to cut them to get loose, a bit of a minus. On the plus side, you could put as many as you want so even if you loosen the laces, you're not getting much relief. Instead of putting the key in your kitchen safe, it's a pair of cutters or scissors.

In both cases, anyway, loosening the laces while locked is not good for the corset because of the uneven bending of the bones and the uneven strain on the corset. Even a 75 euro corset (still inexpensive by my standards) is not as sturdy as a custom-made one put together by an experienced corsetiere.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
RADER123

Post by RADER123 »

I have seen a corset that had a zippered flap covering the laces in back.
Once you where laced up, you zipped up the closer flap and the eyelets and
laces where covered. You then locked the zipper at the top, therefore keeping
anyone from touching the laces; or getting the corset off.

Rader
leopard99

Post by leopard99 »

http://contourcorsets.com/ make locking corsets. At least one is shown on the site. The link to their locking corsets page is broken. Their corsets are LOT more expensive than the sorts of numbers being mentioned in this thread.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

leopard99 wrote:Their corsets are LOT more expensive than the sorts of numbers being mentioned in this thread.
Not surprising. They're not mass-produced items. They actually make them. Remember that custom corsets are much more costly than mass-produced off-the-rack ones.

Unless you make them yourself, then you get away with about 10-20% of the cost of a custom one.

And that's s steep learning curve, too. The first few will be hit-and-miss, but once you get your own system going, you'll run them off your sewing machine like lightning.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Some good suggestions in this topic. Thanks for that. :)

I have 2 corsets and it becomes obvious that one of the two I likely can somehow get to lock it, whereas the other one is going to be a lot harder. And it is this other corset that I'd love to lock. The reason is that they cover my nipples and I've added tacks so they give "pleasure" all the time while wearing the corset, and I want to prevent being able to alter their position in any way possible, where additionally the corset is locked too. Seems this is going to be an impossible task to get done.

I guess the best thing to do is search for a corset where this can be done to directly from the start or with very few adjustments.

Thanks everyone. :)
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

I don't see a detailed description about how your corset(s) is closed. I assume it's either laced up the back or both laced up the back and zipped in front?

It should be simple enough to get an extended lace or laces. Instead of tying in back normally, place a single overhand knot in the lace, then bring it around to the front, one lace around each side. Bring the pair into a lockable enclosure and tie the actual knot therein. If the corset has a pair of laces, you'll do this twice. Close and lock the enclosure. You cannot access the laces to untie without the key. You can, of course, cut the laces given a suitable tool.

Lockable enclosures might be something like the grometted bag noted earlier, a clamshell such as a jewelry gift box with the addition of a means to lock it closed, a key storage lock box, and so forth.

If you also have a zipper, I would suggest using a small lock through the zipper tab and through a small hole in the garment. While the latter will probably pull out easily and allow unzipping, the cost of that choice is to ruin the corset. A small grommet in this hole would be a good idea for durability, although you might be able to burn the hole depending on material.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Locking the corset could indeed be done that way. They're laced on the front and back. But the problem is that I can still get to the area behind my chest area where my nipples are which I just cannot prevent with this corset. I'll see if I can find something that I can lock with a key where I can put the laces in. That is half the work I guess.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Slave_L wrote:@TNTBound: Yeah, I don't really want to use padlocks and chains on the back nor front due to wear. The corsets I have are 75EUR. I don't want to trash them. Besides I am not that flexible that I can lock it behind my back once I have the corset on.

@Gregovic: Can you link me to one of those corsets that have the feature? I browsed a few corsets and don't seem to understand what you mean.
One example I can find right now is on this gallery: http://www.contourcorsets.com/corsetgallery-12.html. The black one with blue trim near the bottom. 2 flaps cover the lacing panel and are then closed around the front. (The black and white one at the top is a nice example of what RADER123 is talking about, the zipper tabs actually detach, so once it's zipped up it's all nice and smooth and stuck on until someone decides to release you from it :whip: )

What I had in mind was even simpler and not integrated into the corset, but I just can't find it anymore :oops:

I am well aware the costs I mentioned are very very low in comparison to a custom made corset. Hence why I mention "and way way up". I fully intend to try my hand at making my own corsets at some point. Something nice and tight, lockable and long enough to make bending at the waist difficult. Too many projects, too little time... :cry: .
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

@Gregovic: I'm not happy that you showed me this. Now I really want one. xD Man, these are awesome, and exactly what I'm looking for.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Slave_L wrote:@Gregovic: I'm not happy that you showed me this. Now I really want one. xD Man, these are awesome, and exactly what I'm looking for.
yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about. But even if I HAD the money I saw somewhere Contour Corsets is not taking any new clients at the moment. :cry: (She might again at some point in the future, but Fran is a seriously busy but awesome lady so who knows)
gemt

Post by gemt »

The simplest is a cable suitcase lock, which slips easily through the eyelets at the back, and you could use more than 1 to ensure it is all kept tight.
Unfortunately most are combination type locks, but there are a few that take keys.
Also, they aren't taking the strain at all, so it is possible you could slacken the corset off enough to undo the front fastening.
Here is one option:
http://www.hachiko.co.id/products/detai ... -Lock.html
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Master-Lock-Cy ... B0015R4H3S
And, sorry, I have no control of the size of these images, as they are not mine.