Quick locking cuffs? ("Hangerlok" tube mounting clamps)

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Dark_Lizerd

Quick locking cuffs? ("Hangerlok" tube mounting clamps)

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

BUT, not so quick on the release...
Just saw this on facebook...
(And, you could get free samples...)

http://hangerlok.com/index.html
Last edited by Sir Cumference on 14 Jun 2016, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Headline improvement
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
davisev5225

Re: Quick locking cuffs

Post by davisev5225 »

I am intrigued. I wonder if these will make it to home improvement stores?
RADER123

Post by RADER123 »

These are made to anchor pipes, They do not adjust very much.
Once closed, they are almost impossible to open with out destroying them.
I would not recommend them for any bondage scene.
Rader
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

I could not tell about the opening problem part...
But the "drop the wrist in and it locks" part is what I was showing...
There should be a way to tweak them to make them re-useable...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Not really. They are made of a hard plastic, usually very badly finished and made to be very hard to open. They are really not suitable for bondage at all.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Oh, well...
My bad for not looking more into them...
But, I'm sure someone here can copy the basic design and make something
that would stay open until a small pressure inside the cuff will cause it to close
and lock that way until released...
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

RADER123 wrote:Once closed, they are almost impossible to open with out destroying them.
I would not recommend them for any bondage scene.
Rader
Gregovic wrote:Not really. They are made of a hard plastic, usually very badly finished and made to be very hard to open. They are really not suitable for bondage at all.
Have you used one yet? I haven't, but I'm really not seeing what you're implying here. The ratcheting mechanism is exposed, so it can be pried open. In fact, I would argue that the whole point of having a ratcheting system to begin with is because it's meant to be opened back up. You still have to use screws to secure this thing to a suitable mounting point to begin with, so it's really not saving any labor - it actually adds labor and just provides a minor convenience for the guy lifting the pipe if all you're only ever going to close it once and never open it again. Also worth noting is that the holding strength will rely on outward pressure being exerted against the teeth of the ratchet. The mechanism has to be flexible enough that you can easily close it just by pushing a pipe into place, so there is going to be plenty of flex in the material, further reinforcing the idea that it should be relatively easy to open.

For SB usage, it is probably trivial to glue a handle of sorts to make it easier. You can also use it as the last cuff in scenarios which have your wrists separated - just put the release on your other wrist instead of the one being ratcheted into place.

Again, I haven't handled one in person, so this is all conjecture. Nonetheless, I find your claim that these are unsuitable to be unsubstantiated, and encourage anyone to experiment until we can prove it one way or the other. As always, experimentation should be done in an isolated, controlled setting without any other bondage. ;)
Gregovic

Re: Quick locking cuffs? ("Hangerlok" tube mounting clamps)

Post by Gregovic »

Experiment all you want but I'll stick to my experience with pipe clamps in general, they are not suitable for (self)bondage. I really think there is better stuff out there to use. And clamps of a size suitable for a wrist or ankle are not that cheap to begin with.

The whole reason for the ratcheting mechanism is not for opening it back up, it really is only for the added speed and convenience when hanging the pipe. It allows a single guy to do a job that would take 2 people otherwise. I have done that sort of work and it does really make things a lot easier. Trying to remove pipe mounted in one of these without destroying the clamp is a lot more challenging than you would think. yes, you can pry them open with a lot of patience, but I really wouldn't want to do it with the limited mobility that comes with bondage. If you have a 2 legged backup right there to help you, experiment all you want, but personally I won't use them for this sort of thing. When your health is on the line don't play around imho.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

My main idea on this is... (or was...)
look at common items around you...
A pervert can find another use for just about anything.
But, after seeing some of the comments here...
What comes to mind is:
Test, verify, make sure, re-test, modify if needed.... then, sometimes, try something else...
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:But, after seeing some of the comments here...
With the exception of Gregovic (who still hasn't actually said whether or not he/she has personally handled one of these...), the comments in question are knee-jerk reactions based on ignorance. I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money and time, but I will tell you it's worth investigating if you choose to.

Oh, and Home Depot apparently carries the 3" and 4" units on their website. http://www.homedepot.com/s/hangerlok?NCNI-5
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Whooo... it's getting a bit hot in here! Just to make sure that this discussion doesn't get out of hand, right?

Like anything else experimental, a reasonable approach always wins. I couldn't explain it better than Dark Lizerd:
Dark_Lizerd wrote:Test, verify, make sure, re-test, modify if needed.... then, sometimes, try something else...
If it worked for Edison and the light bulb, it can work for us and perverting common items.
davisev5225 wrote:it's worth investigating if you choose to.
Curious minds explore. The rest just use what's handed to them.

Have fun, and keep it fun!

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

davisev5225 wrote:
Dark_Lizerd wrote:But, after seeing some of the comments here...
With the exception of Gregovic (who still hasn't actually said whether or not he/she has personally handled one of these...), the comments in question are knee-jerk reactions based on ignorance. I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money and time, but I will tell you it's worth investigating if you choose to.

Oh, and Home Depot apparently carries the 3" and 4" units on their website. http://www.homedepot.com/s/hangerlok?NCNI-5
That particular brand I have no experience with (They don't seem to sell in Europe as far as I can find) . Other brands (which really are pretty much the same) I have handled. If we are talking standard construction work and not "pervertion" I prefer metal brackets for pipes over roughly 3 inches myself. Something like this for instance. Which might actually be perfectly pervertable in itself, but I've never been able to think of a way to make them removable in a good selfbondage scenario. A pin with a cross hole that fits a padlock might do.
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

Gregovic wrote:Something like this for instance. Which might actually be perfectly pervertable in itself, but I've never been able to think of a way to make them removable in a good selfbondage scenario. A pin with a cross hole that fits a padlock might do.
I'm not sure there's a good way to use one of those in self-bondage. The two different screws make it rather unsuitable. The point of using a cuff with a release method is to be able to close and then open it using only one hand, and I really can't think of a way to securely fasten bolts/pins/whatever on both sides of the wrist that would even begin to resemble easily, let alone be able to open it back up again.

Of course if you used my idea from a few posts back and used your OTHER wrist do do a release, then you only have to figure out how to SECURE this one using only one hand...