any way to let the Nexus Ace be controlled by an Arduino?

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Pia

any way to let the Nexus Ace be controlled by an Arduino?

Post by Pia »

Hey folks! I'm still continueing with my blowjob trainer project even though I only take smallest steps. Recently I bought a Nexus Ace remote controlled butt plug. I would love to use it with my project. (Since there doesn't need to be any cable connected to the butt plug, it would mean less problems I guess.)

Is there any way to let the Nexus Ace be controlled by an Arduino?
Last edited by Sir Cumference on 25 May 2016, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Headline improvement
Blacky

Re: Nexus Ace

Post by Blacky »

Pia wrote:...
Is there any way to let the Nexus Ace be controlled by an Arduino?
In theory it is easily possible, but that is theory only.
There are two basic routes popping up in my mind instantly. The first one would be to manipulate the remote control in such a way, that the arduino simply switches the rc on and off in certain intervals. That would (probably) require hardware manipulation though, which might be undesired.
The second route would be to try and find out what signals the rc actually sends and to reproduce that signal with any kind of µC and additional hardware capable of sending the required signals. It's probably not too easy to figure out, what exactly is needed, though.

There is even a third way to do it, but while it's probably the easiest way it is for sure the least desirable. That would be to open the plug itself in order to gain access to the motor and control it directly with a µC and a darlington / MOSFET. I consider that not an option though, as it would surely sacrifice the waterproof case.

If I had to do it. I'd try to figure out what signals to send. Most likely you'll remain stuck on the already existing patterns that way, though. I'd be very surprised if the patterns were stored within the rc instead of the plug.

Not sure if this helps in any way?

Kind regards,

Blacky
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Sir Cumference

Re: any way to let the Nexus Ace be controlled by an Arduino

Post by Sir Cumference »

Hacking the RC could be done along the lines demonstrated in this classic:
http://scanlime.org/2012/11/hacking-my-vagina/

But it certainly isn't a novice job!

I would open the remote, and solder 5V reed relays in where the buttons are (remember the flyback diodes. Relays are inductive, and can fry your pins), then just let the arduino press the buttons.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Pia

Post by Pia »

I would love to do the job without breaking the remote... but there doesn't seem to be a way to do so...?
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

There is.

But it requires you to build your own remote and sniff the protocol used to control it.

An alternative is of course to make a Heath Robinson/Rube Goldberg/Storm P -device, and set up a servo to act like a finger pressing the button, then control the servo.
(it may not be easier, but you won't have to break your remote)

(Insert butt plug somewhere)
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I don't know what kind of frequency the Nexus Ace remote operates at. It's probably one of those standard 433Mhz jobbies. As said by Sir Cumference you'd need a suitable Transmitter and receiver module, use a buspirate, logicsniffer or similar to figure out the transmitter signalling and then build a program to send those commands from the Arduino. There are some descriptions out there on how to do this, but it's not really a beginners project (plus you need to have the buspirate/logicsniffer).

I stand somewhat corrected. Did a bit of googling (it helps when you know the basics of what you are looking for). Take a look here:

h**ttp://arduinobasics.blogspot.nl/**2014/06/433-mhz-rf-module-with-arduino-tutorial.htm**l (To prevent this link/page showing up in google searches and page statistics I've put in some ** signs, remove those to make the link work. I don't know how kink friendly the page creator is, so I tend to play it safe)
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Pia

Post by Pia »

Sir Cumference wrote:Rube Goldberg
:D I knew about that guy and his machines. Got to describe them in my English course at university. I had much fun doing that. :D
Sir Cumference wrote:But it requires you to build your own remote and sniff the protocol used to control it.
I'll probably take this route.
Gregovic wrote:I don't know what kind of frequency the Nexus Ace remote operates at. It's probably one of those standard 433Mhz jobbies.
As far as I understand, 433MHz is freely available in the EU while for other frequencies you need a special license. Since it got labels for seeling in the EU, it should probably use 433MHz since I doubt one would pay for a license if there is a free frequency.
Gregovic wrote:h**ttp://arduinobasics.blogspot.nl/**2014/06/433-mhz-rf-module-with-arduino-tutorial.htm**l
That looks promising. As far as I understand 433MHz has a couple of channels. I don't find any channel mentioned with the sender and receiver. That probably means it's a fixed channel... right? So the set would only work with the Nexus Ace if it happens to use the same channel.

Edit:
I just realized that there might be a detail which tells the channel. The website mentions the exact frequency of 433.92MHz which happens to be channel 35. How likely is it that the Nexus Ace uses that exact frequency?
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Pia wrote:
Gregovic wrote:h**ttp://arduinobasics.blogspot.nl/**2014/06/433-mhz-rf-module-with-arduino-tutorial.htm**l
That looks promising. As far as I understand 433MHz has a couple of channels. I don't find any channel mentioned with the sender and receiver. That probably means it's a fixed channel... right? So the set would only work with the Nexus Ace if it happens to use the same channel.

Edit:
I just realized that there might be a detail which tells the channel. The website mentions the exact frequency of 433.92MHz which happens to be channel 35. How likely is it that the Nexus Ace uses that exact frequency?
One in a million chances happen about once very 5 tries :rofl: . In reality the average 433 mhz receiver, especially the small and cheap ones aren't all that fussy on the exact frequency and will happily accept a signal that is a little bit "out of tune". Very very like a standard 433 mhz transmitter from ebay will work with the Ace. No guarantees though. You might need something just a little bit more expensive and complicated like a RFM22B programmable transceiver that can be programmed to a specific band (and supports FSK and GFSK protocols) but then you start getting the territory where you need more electronics experience than I personally possess.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Pia

Post by Pia »

I just ordered the set and will try if it works.
bertelsmann

Post by bertelsmann »

Any progress on that idea ?

best wishes