Homemade Time Lock Safe

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
KatieTiedUp

Homemade Time Lock Safe

Post by KatieTiedUp »

So this is my home built time lock safe, I used an old electronic safe with the circuitry removed and connected a timer onto the solenoid and a light so I know that it has unlocked.
I know there is no electronic backup release but there is a key that can open it and if power failure is a concern you can connect it to a battery that could even be kept inside to make it portable.
Just thought id post to give people some ideas.
c.JPG
b.JPG
a.JPG
Sir Cumference

Re: Homemade Time Lock Safe

Post by Sir Cumference »

Nice.

How did you interface the timer with the solenoid?

What kind of timer is it?
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
KatieTiedUp

Post by KatieTiedUp »

Sir Cumference wrote:Nice.

Just a 12v timer of amazon, when activated it powers a relay which you wire the solenoid to 8)
lj

Post by lj »

KatieTiedUp wrote:
Sir Cumference wrote:Nice.

Just a 12v timer of amazon, when activated it powers a relay which you wire the solenoid to 8)
may I suggest that you use the normally open relay contacts to control the solenoid IF the solenoid holds the door locked when energised (eg against a spring-loaded bolt). This means that if power fails, the relay will de-energise and open the supply contact to the solenoid, which in turn will release the lock when un-powered.

This is as near a fail-safe as you can get with this sort of electro-mechanical method. Always design so power is required to maintain a locked state, and always use battery power so it will always run out of power at some stage - plus of course other safety release options. Using a solenoid that must be energised to release a lock could mean failure to unlock in the absence of power, as can using a relay to switch on that solenoid on to release the lock.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
KatieTiedUp

Post by KatieTiedUp »

lj wrote: may I suggest that you use the normally open relay contacts to control the solenoid IF the solenoid holds the door locked when energised (eg against a spring-loaded bolt). This means that if power fails, the relay will de-energise and open the supply contact to the solenoid, which in turn will release the lock when un-powered.

This is as near a fail-safe as you can get with this sort of electro-mechanical method. Always design so power is required to maintain a locked state, and always use battery power so it will always run out of power at some stage - plus of course other safety release options. Using a solenoid that must be energised to release a lock could mean failure to unlock in the absence of power, as can using a relay to switch on that solenoid on to release the lock.
Yeah I think I'll take that onboard for Version 2 haha, thanks.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Ok, I thought it was a kitchen timer.
A reliable way to interface a cheap kitchen timer with a solenoid could have some interesting possibilities.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
KatieTiedUp

Post by KatieTiedUp »

Sir Cumference wrote:Ok, I thought it was a kitchen timer.
A reliable way to interface a cheap kitchen timer with a solenoid could have some interesting possibilities.
Yeah like attach two paperclips to it and to the solenoid wires, twist and off you go pretty much fail proof too
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

KatieTiedUp wrote:
Yeah like attach two paperclips to it and to the solenoid wires, twist and off you go pretty much fail proof too
I presume that was meant as a joke?
:facepalm:
KatieTiedUp

Post by KatieTiedUp »

Sir Cumference wrote:
KatieTiedUp wrote:
I presume that was meant as a joke?
:facepalm:
fail proof obviously but the design itself basic but effective