Ball gag tweaks?

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
BoundNerd

Ball gag tweaks?

Post by BoundNerd »

I went out and got a simple ball gag (I do plan on the future to buy a bit gag as well -... But for now this is what I enjoy using.)

And my questions may be silly and easily answered. But.

First question - when I tighten it as tight as it will go around me, the faux leather straps cut into the sides of my lips and leave unsightly red marks for a day or two (which isn't spectacular when I work in a customer service field.) Is there any easy way of just padding the area around the corners of the lips without taking away from the practicality of the gag?

Also. This question may supersede the first, because if I can accomplish it well enough, I won't need to get it tight enough where it digs in. How would I modify it to be similar to what I suppose is a Trainer Gag?

Edit ; I am not well versed in any kind of hardware tweaking, so one may need to simplify explainations for me.
I'll be in my bunk.
JIMDINI

Re: Ball gag tweaks?

Post by JIMDINI »

A really tight ball gag will always leave marks :gag:
Trainer gags still need to be tight to be effective (you will still be able to gag talk through your nose) and will still leave more marks.
If I want to avoid being seen with strap marks I use a large sponge ball held in place by surgical tape strips (if there is any residual adhesive it can be washed off).
Hope this is helpful.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Imaginary_Girl

Post by Imaginary_Girl »

I had this same problem. Here is a picture of my(very well worn :gag: ) ball gag:

(no use embedding as picture is too wide. Also please excuse the dirty floor, actually today is my day to clean. Looks like it needs it!)
http://i.imgur.com/sz3LylA.jpg

You can see what I did. I basically cut strips of this softish fabric I had and wrapped it around the strap. TBH I forget what's holding it in place - it's been several years since I did it (told you it was well worn!). It looks like it's using a thin layer of hot glue on the inner layers. Whatever I did holds it well because yeah it's been on there forever. It works very well - before I did this I had not only marks but actual painful little cuts. Since doing this it doesn't cut me any more. It still will leave marks, but any straps on your face will. But we are talking for a couple of hours after you wear it, not days.

Hope it helps.

Edit: Also it's important to make sure you put it on the right way - not all ball gags are reversible(i.e. there is an upside down). You can easily tell by holding it as though you were about to put it on - if the straps curve up or down, then it's not symmetrical and there is a right way and wrong way. Mine is like that. I put mine on so the straps curve upward, though IDK if that's always right or if it varies.
CaptainJoe

Post by CaptainJoe »

Hi Kara,

I've added leather triangles to my gag strap, so the pressure in the corners of the mouth is spread to a bigger area.
And answering a question from another thread - maybe your friend is into leather works. Ask her for help, put on the gag and see how it goes :gag: :mrgreen:

HTH,
Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

@Imaginary_Girl: That looks like electrical insulation tape.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Imaginary_Girl

Post by Imaginary_Girl »

No, it's not tape. It's fabric. I had to glue it for sure, I can see where I did. I cannot remember what I got it from though.

But on that note fabric medical type tape might work for this. Basically anything soft you can put where it contacts the edges of your mouth. BTW if you are wondering if this affects the way it feels at all - I don't even notice it.