DIY whipping machine

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Imaginary_Girl

Re: DIY whipping machine

Post by Imaginary_Girl »

So I had an idea about how to make this(and other super painful things) safer to do in SB. First off let me premise this with something - I am very good at letting very painful stuff happen to me even when I could stop it. Like above where I suspended the whipping machine over my bed and then lay under it and waited for it to turn on. When it did turn on, it was just excruciating as I said - but I didn't make it stop even though I wasn't bound in place. I could have gotten away at any moment, but I always let the cycle finish. So yeah, I'm a good girl even when I'm playing alone and COULD stop it. This mostly comes from roleplaying in my head as I kinda mentioned above.

So I had the idea to build a safeword button. It would basically be a pushbutton toggle switch. It would be connected between whatever device was in question and that device's power source. Of course the whole thing would be insulated and built very well so there'd be no risk of a shock from it. The idea would then be that I would make sure I had access to that button while bound(and couldn't lose it so e.g. like attached to my wrist or something). If I absolutely needed to(because something malfunctioned or because it's just way too far beyond my limits or because it's causing me real damage, and so on and so forth) I could push the button and cut the power to whatever device was in question.

This REALLY opens up what I can do in SB. As I said, I know from my own experience that I would treat it like a real safeword and not use it unless I absolutely had to because of danger to myself(physically or mentally). There are quite a few things that I've wanted to do in SB but really couldn't because either I didn't know how I'd react with whatever thing was in question happening while I was bound and completely unable to resist, or because the thing in question could possibly turn dangerous if I didn't have a way to stop it.

But if I build this safeword button I can overcome that problem. Then I can do a lot of these really intense things I've wanted to do in SB but couldn't.

Edit: And just to add some extra incentive NOT to push it unless I absolutely had to, I think I would set it up so it would also cut power to any pleasurable things too. So e.g. maybe one time it'd be connected to my whipping machine and my Magic Wand. If I just completely absolutely could not take the whipping any more and needed it to stop, I could push the button. But at the expense of no more pleasurable stuff for the rest of the scene as well.

I think it's a pretty good idea! Stay tuned for that. I have to go run errands tomorrow so I will pick up the stuff to build it. I also am gonna try to source the stuff to build another relay for my PC controlling device. I found someone to play with and I want them to be able to control more than just one thing!
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

I tried another setup: dead man's switch:
- Electromagnet with analog timer
- switch to reset timer (~10min)
- nipple clamps
- to toggle the switch I had to draw the switch lever with one of my clamps (with some force)

So: I stayed about five cycles (35 minutes) until my nipples got "ripe"...
It's another level of SB: You have to _want_ to remain bound!

Have fun, innovate,
f4
seanympho

Post by seanympho »

So I actually just recently started building my own spanking machine of a similar nature.

I started with a standing fan that the cage had broken off of. The base is also a bit unstable but I plan on fixing it with a bit of epoxy resin. For the time being I just tape it to my bed post for testing purposes. I removed the remains of the cage and the blades and attached a length of braided leather to the shaft by braiding the leather through a hole I drilled in the knob that usually holds the blades in place. I'd like to use it for SB on the oscillate setting so that it would strike the top of my buttocks all the way down to my mid-thighs, but the problem I've run into is finding the right timer to control it. The thing whips around pretty damn fast and I had to add a second leather braid to keep it balanced so it hits me twice as often, and it was already plenty often just on the low setting. I know I wouldn't be able to take it for very long, but after a few minutes of cooling down I'm ready for more. I just haven't been able to find a timer I can afford that will let me do the amount of programming I want for a full session, with my current budget I'm stuck in the 20-30 USD range :/
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

seanympho wrote:...

The thing whips around pretty damn fast and I had to add a second leather braid to keep it balanced so it hits me twice as often, and it was already plenty often just on the low setting. I know I wouldn't be able to take it for very long, but after a few minutes of cooling down I'm ready for more. I just haven't been able to find a timer I can afford that will let me do the amount of programming I want for a full session, with my current budget I'm stuck in the 20-30 USD range :/
I'm not quite sure what exactly you are trying to achieve. If you intend to slow the fan down I don't have a reliable solution at hand right now.
In case you are just looking for a solution that switches the fan on and off at set intervals your go to timer would probably be an Arduino (nano-clones are available at less than 5$).
Let the Arduino switch a relay via a MOSFET. Just make sure you use a relay that is capable of withstanding both the voltage and the current on the secondary side and (obviously) use a NO-type relay.

In case you are looking for a way to control the speed I will probably need more detailed information on the motor you use.

As always when it comes to electronics: If you are not ENTIRELY sure that you know EXACTLY what you are doing: DON'T DO IT!

I hope this helps?
Kind regards

Blacky
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
seanympho

Post by seanympho »

Blacky wrote: Let the Arduino switch a relay via a MOSFET. Just make sure you use a relay that is capable of withstanding both the voltage and the current on the secondary side and (obviously) use a NO-type relay.

In case you are looking for a way to control the speed I will probably need more detailed information on the motor you use.

As always when it comes to electronics: If you are not ENTIRELY sure that you know EXACTLY what you are doing: DON'T DO IT!
haha yeah, I have absolutely no knowledge of electronics and motors, which is why I didn't even try taking the fan motor off of the fan. as much as I admire all the things that can be done with arduino, that kind of stuff is way beyond me. I'm thinking some kind of automatic light timer that allows one to program 10-20 on/off cycles is more within the range of my expertise.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Blacky wrote:As always when it comes to electronics: If you are not ENTIRELY sure that you know EXACTLY what you are doing: DON'T DO IT!
So basically, that is rocket science. As an early NASA flight director used to say:
Chris Kraft wrote:If you don't know what to do, don't do anything!
Which is way better than shooting holes in the rocket with a rifle to let the pressure out of the tanks after it fails to ignite. :facepalm:

It's also brain surgery. Believe me, I know... :wink:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
lj

Post by lj »

seanympho wrote:I'm thinking some kind of automatic light timer that allows one to program 10-20 on/off cycles is more within the range of my expertise.
I use a commercial timer made by "Grasslin EMD120" in one of its forms it is mains powered and has a simple relay switched output, so is simple and safe to work with, though of course it is running mains electricity so caution is still required. It can switch in units of 1 minute minimum but is a timeclock intended for heating and similar controls - you set start and stop times, I think it will do 8 sequences though I only use 4.

This isn't really what you want, which is a sequence timer that starts when you press a "go" button and stops when the programmed sequence ends. You could do this with several interval timers, each starting the next but that is a bit complicated. Which is why people suggest the Arduino (I'd use a PIC but then I use them professionally)
be a switch, double the fun :-)
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

For a simple - can't figure out blue or red wire - type of solution:

- some shops sell one AC regulator on the wire (seen it at Ikea): one end socket, one end plug, and one potentiometer... Nothing simpler to adjust the speed
- I use AC programmable sockets: 30min (analog) and 1min (digital) minimum interval:
for analog set one pin in, one out for as long as You like, for digital... You figure it out...
Those could be easily connected in series, and You get 15 min interval...

Easy as PIe...

Have fun, automatize...
f4
seanympho

Post by seanympho »

lj wrote: I use a commercial timer made by "Grasslin EMD120" in one of its forms it is mains powered and has a simple relay switched output, so is simple and safe to work with, though of course it is running mains electricity so caution is still required. It can switch in units of 1 minute minimum but is a timeclock intended for heating and similar controls - you set start and stop times, I think it will do 8 sequences though I only use 4.
FatherOfFour wrote:For a simple - can't figure out blue or red wire - type of solution:

- some shops sell one AC regulator on the wire (seen it at Ikea): one end socket, one end plug, and one potentiometer... Nothing simpler to adjust the speed
f4
I will be checking both of those out, thanks!
Keyless

Re: DIY whipping machine - suggestions

Post by Keyless »

Imaginary_Girl wrote: it lines up exactly with the small of my back.
It's a great piece of kit.

I am no medic but I'm sure I read somewhere that your kidneys are just behind the small of your back and that you should not be whipped there as your kidneys could be damaged.

Has anyone else heard this?
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

It will depend on what strikes you.

A fast light stinging whip is pure a surface phenomenon. Striking with something heavy, will affect deeper.
Think of the difference between a fist and a shoestring.

You can buy interval timers on eBay that clicks a relay on and off.

If you are just moderately electrically literal, it is no problem to make an extension cord with such a one in the middle.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

I don't think changing the AC voltage will change the motor's speed...
I think that is based on the frequency...
But, the motor, connected by a belt from one pulley to the next, will change the speed.
a small pulley on the motor and a larger one connected to the whip will make it go slower...
And, while you are using pulleys...
How about this???
(OK, better as a picture...)
Whips.jpg
The motor (black) turns the small pulley, belt turns the larger one.
connected to a second pulley (same shaft), belt goes to the smaller end one.
(adjust pulley sizes to get required speed...)
The second belt has whip(s) attached which will whip around the smaller end pulley.
(You will be at the end pulley.)
If the whips are connected to the larder pulley, they will swing slower, but will swing faster going around the smaller one...
Use 1 or more on the belt. You can set up just one and wait for it, or
staggered... 1, pause, 3 close together, wait, 1, followed by 2 quick ones...
The longer the belt, the more combinations.
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...