Timelock safe

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
johns1234

Timelock safe

Post by johns1234 »

This is not really DIY, but I did not know where else to put it:
http://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Safe-Lock ... B00JGFQTD2

It is solid and works very well. You select a time and push the button, then after 5 seconds bolts move out to the sides and seal the lid onto the container.
gemt

Re: Timelock safe

Post by gemt »

Do we know the behaviour of this device when the battery goes flat?
johns1234

Post by johns1234 »

Yes, it does not open. The batteries last for weeks, however the battery compartment is accessible from the outside, so you can replace the batteries while it is locked.
Removing the batteries to cheat does not help either - except maybe for a long time, have not tried that - if you replace the batteries then the countdown will just continue.
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

gemt wrote:Do we know the behaviour of this device when the battery goes flat?
The timer pauses when batteries are flat. It resumes where it left off without a hitch when new ones are installed. When I use mine I have spares taped to it (as well as some other release method).

Taking the batteries out and leaving them out will result in it staying shut, as the motors have to actually retract the bolts that lock it.

In a real emergency, you could smash it open, it is plastic
gemt

Post by gemt »

TheWingmen wrote:
gemt wrote:Do we know the behaviour of this device when the battery goes flat?
The timer pauses when batteries are flat. It resumes where it left off without a hitch when new ones are installed. When I use mine I have spares taped to it (as well as some other release method).

Taking the batteries out and leaving them out will result in it staying shut, as the motors have to actually retract the bolts that lock it.

In a real emergency, you could smash it open, it is plastic
Thanks, Jon as well!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I own one of these as well. Really the best way to do chastity.

As for how it works internally (as explained on their website): Every 5 seconds, the current time left is written to the internal RAM. If the battery dies and you replace it, it will read that value from memory and continue the timer.

The dial allows you to select a time anyware from 1 minute all the way up to 10 days. Once you start, a counter goes down for 5 seconds. If you press the button again within those 5 seconds, you can abort the lockout. If for some reason the pins were not able to fully lock in place or unlock and the device does think this is the case, you can press the button for 5 seconds to reinitialize the locking position.

The manual even states: Warning: the idea of this device is to lock something away. You will not be able to get to the content unless you're willing to break the container. Do not call us for advice on how to bypass the clock because it simply is not possible.

For me locking my chastity keys in there did cause an unforeseen problem. My chastity cage came off prematurely and I still had 6 days on the clock. Although I did not want this, it meant I was free for 6 days. XD
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.