My bondage Pony: What do you guys think?

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
8ruce

My bondage Pony: What do you guys think?

Post by 8ruce »

So I found a design for a pony over at http://www.theoriginalinstitute.com

I liked the basics, but wanted to make it mine...

What do you guys think?
Attachments
headline improvement
headline improvement
KinkInSpace

Re: Pony

Post by KinkInSpace »

It looks nice, but how would one get in? Seems like the one for your hands is in a weird angle.

Also, with a pony I'd figure a horizontal beam (as in wooden pony). This is more of a wooden dog?
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
8ruce

Post by 8ruce »

Arms are held underneath with hands poking through the front and elbows pinched between the knees. It's a tight fit, but that was the point. kinda
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Nice job! Looks like you used some nice hardwoods and gave it a furniture finish.
Did you include the cock support? I also see you didn't add the head supports. I think they would be essential for long term use, unless you have something else in mind to support the head.
How stable is it? The one you linked to is on its own base so it is hard if not impossible to tip over, but it looks like you may have solved that by using a wide ankle stock for stability.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
8ruce

Post by 8ruce »

Stability is very much improved with adding the ankle stocks at floor level. By getting rid of the floor plate, this little guy hides nicely in our bed frame.

The support that was shown wasn't really what I considered comfortable looking. So, I rounded off the tail end after assembly and before sanding/finish.

Assembly was done with dowel pins at different angles (only the center of each set of 5 went straight in at 90 degrees). All the rest are random directions.

The head support is either a gag harness tied off to some point aft, or a conveniently sized foot stool handles that. We went for as much comfort as possible to be able to extend the usable time.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

That looks fantastic. I really like to see pictures of DIY kit which is so nicely finished. It is nice to look at when you are not in it. It kind of says "this is our lifestyle" we have taken trouble over it and intend that it be used. In your posts, you say "we", so I take it you have a partner. I doubt you could get into that on your own and you certainly couldn't lock it. I expect you will be using it frequently, so if it were mine - and I wish it was - I think I would consider some sort of emergency release in case my partner had an accident or was taken ill whilst I was on it. If you think of doing that, one possibility might be something like my device at http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 593#p62593 at the top of page 2. There are other ideas on that thread as well. For my scheme, perhaps the tube could be fitted through to lower stock with the screw shaft long enough for you to turn it with your hands. You could have a metal strap on the screw, with a slot in the other end. The slot would go over a staple in the upper stock and locked with a padlock. I can just imagine the feeling as your partner clicks the lock with a broad grin. If you use the emergency release when you should not, you would be very vulnerable to punishment, or you could be just left on the pony for as long as your partner thought appropriate - subject to safety considerations.
8ruce

Post by 8ruce »

Thank you guys for the kind words.

Yes, I did say we. It was built by committee pretty early on in my wood butchering days.

I had two gentlemen helping me rough out the ideas, modifications, and construction. We found that mitering the wrist stock box was a bad idea the hard way, so butt joints and rabbits were our first points of discussion.

I also had a guy that was either going to charge me for the welding, or teach me for free. So, I learned how to weld with coat hangers. I was building a lot of boxes back then, and his first words for me was "treasure chest?" I didn't have the nerve to tell him the real reason, so I agreed and went on our way...

And finally, there were a few people in the local scene who did some product testing at a play party or two.

All in all, if I had to build another one, I'd keep it mostly the same. My wife and I moved to a climate much more conducive to applying lacquer, so I'd do that rather than paste wax, oil, and spots of poly.

Keyless, as to your concerns: As long as the second lock isn't applied to the bar over the stocks, I can jimmy the bar out a little at a time. It takes a while. Funnily enough, the bar on the prototype was a steel ruler... Soooo, I could watch my progress...

As long as a person is locked in and on top of it, the setup is solid. Even though it is stable, it is nigh the Titanic. One person did manage to flip it over on carpet. I was a little concerned about the amount of flex, but that could be a "safety feature" rather than a design flaw in the assembly. It would be an expensive decision to make breaking out like the hulk, but I guess it's equivalent to a key in a hanging bucket of motor oil, right?
Sir Cumference

Re: My bondage Pony: What do you guys think?

Post by Sir Cumference »

Looks like a really niece piece of workmanship!
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

I'm not sure I can resist building one of these. I'd be interested to know how long you can stay on it and whether you consider it punishment or fun.
8ruce

Post by 8ruce »

Construction took about 3 afternoons (that's milling, joinery, welding, and finishing). Total time was about two months. There were lots of those "you know what I would do?" conversations.

My initial testing with the headrest in the original design was that it was comfortable, but I didn't like the look of it with the poles missing. I spent 15 minutes in it as you see in the picture. It was a rough 15 minutes. We figured out that the stocks all needed a little TLC, so I angled all four of the stocks just a bit. If you're interested, I can try to draw a picture of what I am talking about...

After it was all done, I stayed on it for two hours before we ran out of time.

To answer the last question from Keyless; Yes.

It can be made painful. Take away the footstool headrest, and there is a pressure that builds slowly over time. It's not pain, just a discomfort. Throw some rice on the floor and/or the plank for added fun.

As far as the fun; the rear stocks are small enough to accommodate me without pinching, um, parts. Also, the ankles are spread out far enough for other activities as well.

I hope that helps. If you want more pics, please let me know. I'll try to put a drawing together that doesn't look like a dinosaur of what I was talking about with the angles.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Thanks for the info Bruce. If I have time I might well have a go at making one of these. Actually I already had a copy of the plans and thought about construction from time to time. Seeing your post might just be enough to get me started. Sometimes I can be grumpy and uncooperative and, as I said elsewhere, Mistress K has hurt her hand and is having difficulty wielding the whip. I'd much rather be punished than have an unhappy or nagging wife (and Mistress). I'm sure a spell on this contraption would teach me a lesson.
8ruce

Post by 8ruce »

Ok,

So here is what I could cobble together in GIMP. I did that on purpose.... Because my sketchup pics are way too big to get on the forum.

The black lines are a top down view of the individual sets of stocks. The red lines are the swing of the angles off of center. Wrists are pointed in a bit, while the ankles are heading out.

Originally I had them just straight drilled with a hole saw and rounded over with a router bit. BUT, there was some pinching that caused a lot of irritation quickly. So we went at it with the shinto rasp and a drum sander attachment in my cordless drill to get things a lot closer. The last bit of sanding was done with a piece of foam and that new-fangled plastic backed sandpaper. Worked like a dream.

I hope that helps a bit. Let me know if you want any other pictures (different angles, macro shots of strapping, etc.)
Attachments
[Untitled].jpg
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

I've tried one of those foldable workbenches:
- 28inches/70cm height, 24inches/60cm width, 12inches/30cm depth
- best covered with a thick fabric (sharp edges might leave marks)
- only tested it, no session yet, it might need anchoring (to prevent jumping around and falling)
- it spreads You by default, bends You at the right height, and lowers Your shoulders (and keeps Your head down - not achievable while tied to a dinner table)

It's promising, and I also have some foldable stairs to test...

Have fun, get some tools...
f4
8ruce

Post by 8ruce »

FatherOfFour wrote:I've tried one of those foldable workbenches:
Are you talking about a Workmate? If so, those things are awesome in and out of the workshop. I made a boss buy half a dozen of those things. I got more work done while having the rookie look for a metric crescent wrench...
FatherOfFour wrote:It's promising, and I also have some foldable stairs to test...
What are folding stairs? Like a step ladder?
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

Yes, Workmate and foldable ladders...
(sorry, I'm not a native english speaker)

I'm an avid visitor of hobby/tools/... shops (work and hobby).
I buy things mostly with my wife beside me (asking: You need more rope? Where do You use those...?)

Have fun, be a DIYer
f4