Small electromagnet lock

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Inventingforfun

Small electromagnet lock

Post by Inventingforfun »

Seen in other threads that I'm not the only one who finds ice releases to be messy.

So, to get rid of those but still be able to connect, hogtie, handcuffs etc., I got a pair of electric door holders,
image.jpeg
Some tweaking and I got an electric alternativ for ice locks.
image.jpeg
These are 24V version, low current, 45mA, no heat and a small power supply is enough but they hold 50kg each.
Controlled via a timer on the wall socket or from my Arduino box that will control some other stuff soon ...
Last edited by Inventingforfun on 29 Feb 2016, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
KinkInSpace

Re: Electric "ice release"

Post by KinkInSpace »

Why do you call it an "ice release" if there's no ice involved? Its just a "magnet release system" which is something that has been discussed before too.

That being said, good work on creating this. :)
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Sir Cumference

Re: Electric "ice release"

Post by Sir Cumference »

As SL said: Yes, it is an electro magnet release.

The good thing about the ice release is, that it is extremely low tech, and unless the the temperature in the room drops to freezing, the ice will melt.

If your timer gets stuck, the power to the magnet will stay on, and it will "never" release.

Apart from that:
Nice magnets! Where did you get them and what did you pay for them?
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
johns1234

Re: Small electromagnet lock

Post by johns1234 »

Regarding the timers, I would chain two of them: mechanical and electronic one.
I found this a while back:
http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Innovatio ... B00565GU30
Inventingforfun

Re: Small electromagnet lock

Post by Inventingforfun »

Changed the subject and then of course could not reply as the thread needed approval so here's my reply ...

Dual timers will increase the safety, or even tripple if you don't trust your equipment.

Got these in local hardware store, about 30$ per set with magnet and plate. Seen these at aliexpress and other sites as well.

Easy to convert, the magnet part had a threaded hole in the back, just add an M8 ring screw and at the same time remove the brass safety pin in the middle that's there to ensure the the door releases from the magnet but it made locking difficult as some pressure was required to get the magnet to grip the plate, without you just need to get close to hear a metallic click :shock: