Fun with hasps, my next project (with photos)

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
more_secure

Fun with hasps, my next project (with photos)

Post by more_secure »

I recently had an idea to use a modified hasp and staple to make a metal dungeon restraint. In my ongoing quest to find the perfect inescapable (but temporary!) locking mechanism, I came up with the following. Imagine the scene - think St. Andrew's Cross - except with your whole body restrained and locked up securely. Of course, you can go as creative and crazy as you like, but as always, it's that pesky final lock which needs to be locked and not unlocked until, for example, some ice has melted. I planned to use gravity, ice and an out of reach locking mechanism to secure the final lock. In fact, I'd recommend you do this on both hands, to ensure you have a backup in place.

Here's a hasp and staple:
00-hasp and staple.JPEG
You can buy these from DIY shops and they're really cheap (less than £5 each). The problem is getting one long enough. The length needs to be ideally no less than 7 inches, which doesn't include the folding part.

In order to test my theory I did a (rather crude) cardboard prototype:
01-nets-all.jpg
This just shows what you would have to build if you wanted to make your own. I intend to find a hasp and staple, however, which I can bend into shape.

The next problem is locking the final lock. This is what you're going for:
03-after.jpg

And then this image shows how it could be done:
02-locked-all.jpg
Step 1: The lock would have a spring loaded system which prefers the hasp to remain closed (maybe a simple spring where the rubber band is or something).
Step 2: The pen represents a heavy, smooth bolt. Ideally the girth would match the staple's hole. Also, the bolt would be slightly tapered to help guide it in. The bluetac on top represents ice. The bolt would have holes drilled in it so the ice 'sticks' to the bolt better by freezing inside the hollows in the steel, just so it takes longer to come away from the bolt or melt entirely.
Step 3: The locked position
Step 4: This is how close I could get to reaching the fallen bolt/ice combo. Not very!

I figured that the lining of the hasp could have some soft spongy lining, or leather to make for a nice comfortable and tight fit, that way it'd be even harder to reach the fallen bolt, if not impossible.

To increase the time it takes locked up, you could just freeze more ice, plus it'd be as simple as freezing a blot in a cup of water. And finally, to make it harder to escape, perhaps some latex gloves, or whatever your preference is.
== I put on a mask to reveal my true identity ==
Dark_Lizerd

Re: Fun with hasps, my next project (with photos)

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Clever, looks really nice...
Now, if that cardboard could really hold someone...
(Yea, I know... test prototype... better something you can break out of if it didn't work...)
If you could weld, you could just add a strap to the hasp, but...
I don't see the ice on the bolt lasting very long, so, how about this...
Use a regular, or "T" shaped bolt that you drop into the staple
Under the staple, you have a PVC tube with a wooden float disk, with a wood dowel
(may require Styrofoam float disk.)
The disk and attached dowel will sit at the bottom and you load ice on top.
As the ice melts, it will pass under the float and lift it up.
When the dowel get high enough, it will push the bold out of the staple.
Warning, the dowel will need a top cap to prevent it from entering the staple and trapping you that way :shock:
(I just thought of that...)
Of course, for monitored play, that could be a penalty for not paying attention...
Then, you can set your play time based on the size of the tube and the amount of ice...
I can (kinda) draw a picture if needed...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
CaptainJoe

Post by CaptainJoe »

nice idea, though I do not recommend standing self bondage.

Don't know if it helps, for I have no idea how to make a hinge without the proper tools: I've made some handcuffs from a flat iron bar.
self made handcuffs

You could just forget the hasp and bend the cuff from flat iron, drill and file/grind a longish hole for the staple.
Don't add lining. Raw iron on skin feels incredible and the smell of sweat on iron is a real turn on.

good luck with your project!

Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

It is not unlikely that there is a makerspace or lasercutting service in your neighborhood.

you supply a file and specify the material/thickness you want, and they cut it for you.
The company I use at work, have some surprisingly decent prices.

Looking at the Yellow Pages for "Laser cutting", I see 7 companies offering the service near me (One of them a beauty parlor.... that is a bit disturbing)

If the hasp is long enough to span the width of your wrist, have you considered making a cut-out in a wooden beam to hold the wrist, and using the hasp as a "lid" on the cut-out?
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Sir Cumference wrote:(One of them a beauty parlor.... that is a bit disturbing)
How else do you get those chiseled good looks? :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Sir Cumference wrote:
Looking at the Yellow Pages for "Laser cutting", I see 7 companies offering the service near me (One of them a beauty parlor.... that is a bit disturbing)

what???

don't tell me you never had a laser pedicure done ?
[
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Sir Cumference wrote: ...If the hasp is long enough to span the width of your wrist, have you considered making a cut-out in a wooden beam to hold the wrist, and using the hasp as a "lid" on the cut-out?
The box idea may be the easiest to do.
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
more_secure

Post by more_secure »

@Dark_Lizerd - Good suggestions, but I quite like the simplicity and (presumably) fail-safe nature of the smooth bolt and ice. In any case I'm sure you could drill some holes in the bolt to make sure the ice has to melt really good before the bolt falls free.

@CaptainJoe - standing SB - what's wrong with that? Fair enough there are better positions for one to be restrained in, true. I think this would be more of a punishment game to play with yourself, like being in stocks or something.

@Sir Cumference - I really like that idea, you're a genius, sir. I'm gonna buy some hasps and I now know that they can be as rigid as you like (for maximum security), since I won't have to bend them, plus most hasps aren't that long it seems, so the lid idea is prob the way forward.

Also, don't think I'll be booking myself into having a laser pedicure done any time soon, but I'll keep it in mind for the future ;o)
== I put on a mask to reveal my true identity ==
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

Here's a solution for the hasp closing on its own:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-Nati ... /204247923

These hinges exist to automatically close regular doors without having to install additional hardware. I chose one that has an exposed spring so you know what I'm talking about, but you'd want one of the many options that has an enclosed spring for safety reasons.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

more_secure wrote:...
@CaptainJoe - standing SB - what's wrong with that? Fair enough there are better positions for one to be restrained in, true. I think this would be more of a punishment game to play with yourself, like being in stocks or something.
Despite me not being the Captain you'll find the answer here.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)