Home Depot hidden gems

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
BDSMandStuff

Home Depot hidden gems

Post by BDSMandStuff »

I practically live down the street from a home depot. Been there quite a few times for regular shopping for things around the house. I've managed to find good things in the past for self bondage but wondering if theres anything anyone else may have picked up that works well with a scenario ? Over the last few years I've been able to pick up multiple lengths of chain, rope, padlocks, light timer and little misc hardware things like clasps tie downs o rings. What's really nice is the self checkout lol nobody will have to really know what you're buying. What else is there or has anyone bought and made something worthwhile out of from a hardware store? I've walked the isles and thought many thoughts before but nothing ever really seemed plausible.
lj

Re: Home Depot hidden gems

Post by lj »

I've run demonstrations at Munches making low-cost BDSM gear from DIY and other vanilla stores - for example, floggers from bungee cord and PVC water pipe for handles, ball-gags from golf practice balls and polyethylene rope, spreader bars from broom handles and screw eyelets. Pet stores are great for collars, just don't do what I did and try one on, only to find great difficulty undoing it - the CCTV footage will have shown a middle-aged man struggling with a dog collar!

And I doubt any cashier cares about your purchases, though I did get asked by one what I was going to do with 10 metres of chain - my reply was "wouldn't you like to know?" and grinned. And then there was a Domme friend who was asked a similar question when she arrived at checkout with 30 metres of rope, her reply "I'm going to tie up a man"
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

All the cashiers know about your purchases at the hardware store is that they're.... hardware! :idea:

The hardware store is the Toys'R'Us for perverts. I get much of my corset hardware there, like long cable ties for boning, metal plates for busks, etc. I've never had a snarky comment made by a cashier at any time, regardless that I'm checking out with 48" cable ties, a hundred foot bundle of rope, or chains. Once a male clerk looked at me with a surprised expression, but I quickly got him to go back to work by faintly smiling and looking him up and down, as if appraising him. :wink:

And he didn't give a peep, except for a nervous but polite "Thank you and have a good day."

That was fun. :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

bound_jenny wrote:...
And he didn't give a peep, except for a nervous but polite "Thank you and have a good day."
That was fun. :mrgreen:
Jenny.

It is fantastic when you cam make people make that sound!
:rofl:

And the pervertability of everyday objects should never be underestimated.
When something is produced in large quanta for mundane purposes, (often to defined standards) the price will be lower and the quality higher, than when it is to a smaller market by fewer vendors, and they succeed in selling it as a specialty product.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
lj

Post by lj »

Sir Cumference wrote: When something is produced in large quanta for mundane purposes, (often to defined standards) the price will be lower and the quality higher, than when it is to a smaller market by fewer vendors, and they succeed in selling it as a specialty product.
which is why you buy riding crops from horse riding suppliers, not fetish shops!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

Sir Cumference wrote: When something is produced in large quanta for mundane purposes, (often to defined standards) the price will be lower and the quality higher, than when it is to a smaller market by fewer vendors, and they succeed in selling it as a specialty product.
I respectfully disagree. I find "bespoke" products are in virtually all cases of higher quality... unless it's from China. If it's a short run from a mass-manufacturer, then yes, it'll be of low quality. If it's hand-made, though, it's usually top-tier.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

I don't disagree.

If it is a true specialty item made by hand, from good materials by a skilled craftsman (who maybe even uses it himself) it will be hard to beat.
It will normally not be cheap either.

But if you are buying chains, hinges, ropes, clasps, webbing, riding crops and the like, the "naughty shops" will take an arm and a leg for standard goods.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~