EmlaLockBox

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Audrey_CD

EmlaLockBox

Post by Audrey_CD »

I've been using EmlaLock quite a bit recently, liking the lack of control of your duration when you open up for voting. The one down side is that I'm useless at taking the photo of the combination lock without looking at the number (I need to check that the number is visible - the camera's auto focus doesn't like the shiny dials) and even worse at forgetting the number once I have seen it.
Emlalock provide an alternative way of handling the process, the Device API. A series of web calls that allow the session to be started and ended from a software device.
To take advantage of this I have created my EmlaLockBox, a wooden box with a servo controlled lock. The control of the lock and communication with the Emlalock website is handled by a Raspberry Pi.
ImageIMG_0972 by Audrey Cooper, on Flickr

The panel and keypad at the front shows the current status and provides a simple menu system for controlling the session.
ImageIMG_0970 by Audrey Cooper, on Flickr

The inside of the box showing the general arrangement of Pi, servo controller (piggy backed on top of the Pi and the ribon cable to the display plate. Note the lump of blutac on the right hand side to attach the key to the box, preventing it falling on top of the electronics - proper segregation will happen in the future!
ImageIMG_0971 by Audrey Cooper, on Flickr
Inside of the front panel of the box showing the servo controlling the original brass lock.

The box is powered by an external wall wart and can happily be powered off during a session. On start up it will interegate the Emlalock site for the current status.

The software is written in Python and if there is interest I'll add the code to the software forum.

One thing to note. The documentation for the Device API used to have its own section on the Emlalock wiki. Though the documentation is still there, it has gone from the index, so there is a potential question on on-going support.
Last edited by Audrey_CD on 04 Oct 2019, 13:19, edited 2 times in total.
Sir Cumference

Re: EmlaLockBox

Post by Sir Cumference »

I have so wanted to start playing with the Pi for a long time!

I would like to see the code.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Nice work... :)
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

Hi Audrey,
I work with PIs almost daily, and I would like to see the code.

I would say that You could up the game in two directions:
- use CSI Cam and OCR to read the code (and save the video/pictures for safety reasons)
- use relays and magnetic locks directly, no code involved...

Have fun, use Raspberries
f4
Audrey_CD

Post by Audrey_CD »

FatherOfFour wrote:Hi Audrey,
- use relays and magnetic locks directly, no code involved...
I'm told that the Russian surface to surface missiles used an aiming computer based to relays*, but I think you would struggle to access a website using this technology. :evil:
The API solution doesn't actually need a PIN to operate, although there is capability to hold one from whatever source.

I'm in the process of moving and don't have access to either the server or the PI that has the code on it. I will post it when I can.

*relays aren't effected by EMPs.
haufen

Post by haufen »

Hi audrey
I'm also very intersted how you build this and how the software works.
please can you show the code.
Audrey_CD

Post by Audrey_CD »

Audrey_CD

Post by Audrey_CD »

I had moved to version 3 of this project that incorporated a keypad, so that a PIN was required to access any of the functionality. In the meantime, Emlalock has been upgraded and the latest version doesn't seem to support the comprehensive API tools that offered an API based session.

This is a bit of a bugger for the EmlaLockBox!

I'm currently looking at an alternative that will generate an image file containing a randomly generated number.
Audrey_CD

Post by Audrey_CD »

So the EmlaLockBox has moved on through two more generations.

The first was based on the same general principle of servo driven lock, Raspberry pi programmed in Python, but it had a neat menu controlled via a rotary encoder. However it was still WiFi enabled which worried me as I couldn't find a way to create a new connection to the router whilst the box was locked.

So time for plan B (or may be Q). This was a total re-think of the need to control the box. I realised that most people carry around a fully featured controller, AKA a smart phone. My first thought was to create a Bluetooth connection to the box. The problem with this is that the connection would be visible to anyone else in the vicinity. I then thought of using RFID or NFC. The same technology that allows you to swipe your bank card... or the Bank's app on your mobile phone.

Without the WiFi requirement, processing could be handled by an Arduino, Nano in this case, the servo is replaced by a solenoid lock. Confirmation of a command is given by a buzzer. The solenoid is driven by a TIP105 Darlington transistor, and diode.

All the gubbins is now contained in the lid of the box and from the outside only the discrete power socket gives it away.

Image by Audrey Cooper, on Flickr

On the phone I abused a sample app that demonstrates how to create an NFC application. This gives the capability to:
create a new code stored as an image for uploading to Emlalock, write that code to the box
enter a code to open the box
turn the buzzer on or off

The only possible change that I may make from here is to add batteries with charging capability.

I will share the Arduino code in the software forum, but not the phone app as I'm not a very proficient programmer on that platform.
Audrey_CD

Post by Audrey_CD »

So, today I made a booboo. :shock:
I got the app to generate a code, uploaded it to Emlalock and pressed the start session button.

Then I made my big mistake. :oops:

I uploaded the code to the safe, which deletes the image from the phone. It was only then that I noticed the session hadn't started and in fact the website wasn't responding and when it did, I had the home page and of my part initiated session there was no sign.

I'm really glad I only set the combination to 4 digits, I'm 10% of the way to trying all combinations so far!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Audrey_CD wrote:
I'm really glad I only set the combination to 4 digits, I'm 10% of the way to trying all combinations so far!
Got your hands free, I see. Well, I imagine you are enjoying the holiday the way most of wish we could. Good (or bad, as appropriate) luck
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Audrey_CD

Post by Audrey_CD »

Nothing urgent, just the key to my chastity device.

Past 2300 and amusing myself by adding a weight to my nipple clamps every 100 codes I check. :twisted:
Audrey_CD

Post by Audrey_CD »

The combination was 6180, and took 4 elapsed days to find.

Throughout the exercise, I kept thinking "If I made such and such a change it would be easier to enter codes" then decided that I will leave it exactly the way it is for the good reason - its not supposed to be easy to crack.

I think having gone through all that, I'm quite content to say that I will happily stay locked up until the duration is over than try another break out attempt. Its the waste of time mindlessly entering codes that I couldn't stand.