Electronics help?

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Toy Man

Electronics help?

Post by Toy Man »

I have this crazy Idea for a very simple machine. It is simple mechanically and in my mind but the execution of the electronics portion is proving problematic for me. I believe I can find a Servo that is powerful enough to run a fuck machine. However in order for it to work as I would like I need a controller that will control the range of potion on the servo as well as the speed of the arm. I believe that by running it through a range of 170deg w could end up with a smoother stroke. The goal here is a very quiet and very smooth machine that is also compact.

Sometimes I am like a dog with a bone I just can't let go of an idea or project.

I have some great ideas for a basic mechanical one I will post up very soon but this whole idea of something elegant that can be adjusted on the fly intrigues me. I think it would be awesome if the whole unit could fit inside a piece of 3" PVC pipe or a 2" mailing tube and then decorated as we see fit.

Please bear with me as the computer age has left this old fart in the dust. If it involved actual fabrication I am good to go but electronics and programming eludes my understanding.
lj

Re: Electronics help?

Post by lj »

do you mean the type of servo used in model aircraft/boats/cars ?

There are indeed some very powerful types, though I've not come across any that are powerful enough to provide a long stroke as well as power.

Model servos usually work on a 5volt supply, and are controlled by a pulse train with a specific form.

The basic pulse is contained within a frame of 2milliseconds, the pulse starts at the beginning of the frame and lasts up to 1millisecond. The width of this pulse determines the resting position of the servo, so if the pulse is 0.5milliseconds, the servo will move to its central positio, so there is a compromisen.

Changing the width of the pulse changes the resting position, so the faster you send frames with changed widths, the faster the servo moves. You are limited to 500 frames per second but this is way too fast for the servo to follow.

Try asking the Arduino guys to help - I've done it in assembly language with PIC processors, but that isn't the beginner's route!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Servos and Arduino is a piece of cake.

There is a fine library for it, and you can feed the signal from the arduino directly to the servo.

But be aware, that you always find this picture:
servo arduino 1.jpg
Where the servo is powered from the Arduino.
That is fine, if it is a teensy weensy toy servo.

If it is a serious one, it must be done like this, lest thou fry thy pin!
servo arduino fat battery (Small).jpg

Apart from that, I agree with LJ.

The servos are surprisingly strong, but the movement they make is short.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Sir Cumference wrote:Servos and Arduino is a piece of cake...

If it is a serious one, it must be done like this, lest thou fry thy pin!...
Good advice from both LJ and Sir C. I would just like to add the fact that an Arduino can also get control signals from switches and knobs to give the finer control you would like. So far, I have only used 4 switches at one time to control a single transistor output using an Arduino. In the future, I plan to do much better and use at least 12 buttons and a few switches.

My favorite part about using Arduinos is the volume of information in plain English available freely for their use. People post entire programs for others to copy. Just have to do a little reading to figure out how to make some edits to fit programs into your application.

The most difficult part will be finding and installing the servo. Good luck.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Toy Man

Post by Toy Man »

Once again you folks have come through. There are two places that carry some serious servos. One is Hobby King and the other is Servo City. They both have servos that can give over 5lbs of torque with a 1" arm. A 1" arm means a 2" stroke so I figure a 2" arm would give me a 4" stroke. I am not saying this is a done deal but I believe it is worth exploring. There are some brushless digital servos that are both fast and powerful.

I am just kicking tires to see if I can trip over a good idea.

This might workhttps://www.servocity.com/html/hs-7245m ... sOE5ymQdWg
Here is another one https://www.servocity.com/html/s3071hv_ ... sOGPSmQdWg

That second one covers a 60deg path in .17 seconds and has a stall torque of over 9lbs at 7.4 volts. Use a basic wall wart with an Arduino and we should be good to go.
Toy Man

Post by Toy Man »

This one should work perfectly !!!

https://www.servocity.com/html/s9370sv_ ... sOHMSmQdWg

It is a bit pricey but considering the rest of the bits will be pretty cheap I believe it would be worth it. On top of the cost savings it will be a smaller more elegant design. I am picturing the whole unit fitting inside a 3" tube and have a screw to mount on a tripod or sorts. It would even be quite portable. A little cable runs from the control box to the servo inside the tube and that's it. The servo arm is attached to the main shaft.

We have two options for the final drive system. In one method we have a pin mounted to the main shaft or a small bolt with a bearing on it. The servo arm would be something we fabricate and it has a slot the bearing rides in. Washers on both sides keep the bearing int he track. I may be dead wrong but I believe this would work very well in every way. The other method is a simple link arm that goes to the main shaft.

Since the controller is setting the stroke length and the speed everything can be enclosed in this simple unit.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

You're really in the wrong torque ballpark, unless you're looking at very minimal requirements (vaginal only, diminutive dildo, short stroke). A decent general purpose machine with a 4" stroke, IMO starts at maybe 10 in-lbs of torque... that's 15 pounds of torque 1" from the center of the shaft. However, in the arrangement you're talking about, I would triple or quadruple that, since you're stopping, reversing, and starting again at each end of every stroke instead of rolling the full way around and slowing/reversing/accelerating through the mechanical system. By all means, give it a try. however, I would look for a used servo with great specs on rctech dot net.
Toy Man

Post by Toy Man »

OrgasmAlley wrote:You're really in the wrong torque ballpark, unless you're looking at very minimal requirements (vaginal only, diminutive dildo, short stroke). A decent general purpose machine with a 4" stroke, IMO starts at maybe 10 in-lbs of torque... that's 15 pounds of torque 1" from the center of the shaft. However, in the arrangement you're talking about, I would triple or quadruple that, since you're stopping, reversing, and starting again at each end of every stroke instead of rolling the full way around and slowing/reversing/accelerating through the mechanical system. By all means, give it a try. however, I would look for a used servo with great specs on rctech dot net.
Thanks I have found some really torquey servos but it might be easier to do something more conventional. This may be the one case where the "norm" is the way to go....
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

How about something a little simpler and more adjustable???
! Stroke 1.jpg
The motor drives sprocket "B"
"A" is there just as a guide...
A clamp is connected to one of the chains running between the 2 sprockets...
As the motor turns CW or CCW, the clamp will move back and forth
Attach a rod to the clamp, and the dildo to the rod...
A simple way to control it would include switches that would reverse the direction of
the motor when hit...
Version 2:
The clamp does not interfere with the chain on the sprockets and can go all the way
around. Now, the motor turns just one direction and the depth of the stroke depends
on the length of the chain between the sprockets...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Toy Man

Post by Toy Man »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:How about something a little simpler and more adjustable???
! Stroke 1.jpg
The motor drives sprocket "B"
"A" is there just as a guide...
A clamp is connected to one of the chains running between the 2 sprockets...
As the motor turns CW or CCW, the clamp will move back and forth
Attach a rod to the clamp, and the dildo to the rod...
A simple way to control it would include switches that would reverse the direction of
the motor when hit...
Version 2:
The clamp does not interfere with the chain on the sprockets and can go all the way
around. Now, the motor turns just one direction and the depth of the stroke depends

I was considering something similar where the main shaft sits on two two concave wheels and a third is attached to the servo and makes contact on the opposite side. There are some wheels that mount directly to the servos, or i could fabricate one. I also found some servos that have a stall torque of over 400oz. My goal is silent and smooth so the chain idea is not ideal but a small belt might work.

In a nut shell I want to do something that looks less like something built in "Junk Yard Wars" and more like something from "Next Generation"
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:...
Version 2:
You have reinvented the principle of the chain gun!

But really, when you get to this point, the flywheel principle (always makes me think of an old steam train) is the way to go.

Here one from Orgasm Alley:
http://www.orgasmalley.com/invaderxl.htm

Not to mention, that his DIY-page is worth reading:
http://www.orgasmalley.com/diyparts.htm
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Toy Man

Post by Toy Man »

Sir Cumference wrote:
Dark_Lizerd wrote:...
Version 2:
You have reinvented the principle of the chain gun!

But really, when you get to this point, the flywheel principle (always makes me think of an old steam train) is the way to go.

Here one from Orgasm Alley:
http://www.orgasmalley.com/invaderxl.htm

Not to mention, that his DIY-page is worth reading:
http://www.orgasmalley.com/diyparts.htm

I am quickly "cumming" to the same conclusion.
TheGentleman

Post by TheGentleman »

The person who I consider king of mechanical deviance, Gord, used a lot of pneumatic cylinders for many of his in/out needs. Adjustable stroke speed, length, and power. Run from one of those miniature air pumps you get with emergency kits, you should be able to keep the size to a minimum. And the pump is so noisy you won't need a gag for the "victim".
It's the quiet ones you need to fear (or enjoy) most.
lj

Post by lj »

a quick 'elf n safety note

anything that is capable of "in-out" movement into the body requires quite a bit of power, and will potentially be able to push through the delicate skin of the rectum/vagina. Obviously this is an unwanted effect !. Good lubrication will help, but a rigidly held body is a bad idea as accommodating the insertion may be prevented.
be a switch, double the fun :-)