Reliable, high load, easy release system

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.

Reliable, high load, easy release system

Postby AssTechWarrior » 21 Jun 2018, 23:01

This may be old hat for some here but it is something that anyone with a few bucks and some sewing skills can build.

It's called a 3 ring release. Often used by skydivers to released a fouled chute so the ones for sale are pricy but the design is simple.

It looks like you need some flat nylon webbing, 3 metal rings of increasing size and a grommet as well as a bit of thread and a short piece of smaller nylon.

Wiki entry with gif:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-ring_release_system

Video of one releasing under load
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AItz8GcYx60

Could use an ice drop weight to pull the release or just about any other technique
AssTechWarrior

Re: Reliable, high load, easy release system

Postby Sir Cumference » 23 Jun 2018, 01:58

~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Sir Cumference

Re: Reliable, high load, easy release system

Postby Gregovic » 23 Jun 2018, 12:04

I was going to post about not needing metal rings for all of the loops. Sir Cumference beat me to it (as usual :wink: , I'll put it down to great minds thinking alike). Even in parachutes nowadays the top (smallest) loop is usually a fabric/webbing loop. Because it wears less on the closing wire and thus makes it more reliable.
My top theory: Everyone is an idiot. Maybe not always or regarding all topics. But sooner or later everyone is an idiot. Make sure you don't have to look back and think "Gee, how could I have been such an idiot?"
Gregovic

Return to DIY