Bluetooth padlock?

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
bootlover1978

Bluetooth padlock?

Post by bootlover1978 »

Anyone ever use something like this? A friend sent me this link and got me thinking. It could make for an interesting remote controlled version of a KitchenSafe if you combined it with a small toolbox, or lock box with a hasp. Only thing Im leery on is there is no key backup. It's bluetooth or nothing.

https://www.zapals.com/anbound-ly-g801- ... UMEALw_wcB

Just wondering if anyone has used something like this.
Sergio

Re: Bluetooth padlock?

Post by Sergio »

I'm struggling to see what use it could be put to. It's opened from an app on the phone that communicates by Bluetooth, but if there's a timer function they don't mention it, so in the selfbondage context it's a padlock with a potentially unreliable key in it.

About the only use I see would be as a short-range remote controlled lock, for instance to be freed by a partner in the next room or perhaps immediately outside your dwelling. The surprise aspect of not knowing when you're going to be released until it happens might be fun, especially if perhaps you badly want to remove a vibrator that's long since served its purpose.

And a reasonably solid looking padlock with no simple mechanical backup like a key, unlike the wire hasp timer padlocks that came on the market recently which could fairly easily be broken with basic tools? I don't think so, or at least not unless used in conjunction with a standard padlock with the key held by your safety person or with a high retrieval cost.
bootlover1978

Post by bootlover1978 »

You know, I wasnt thinking about it quite right, and neither was the person who showed me this lock. We both saw App controlled and immediately thought wireless like through a NEST, where someone could open the lock remotely from anywhere. I just realized it literally is bluetooth connected or nothing. Now I dont know if you could set it to connect to an Echo or Google Home and get that effect of "anywhere in the world" type of connectivity. Basically the thought pattern was... I have a friend over in England while I am in the US. They wanted to have me take a bit of control away from them. They would lock a pair of heels on their feet, then lock the keys away into a toolbox, or lockbox, and use this electronic lock to seal it shut. Only way to open it is by the app, which I can control. The "safety" would have been cutting the box open with some tools. But again, I realize my error and this isnt going to work in our application.
Morn

Post by Morn »

Depends on what kind of access you have to the lock. Specially BT locks are usually encrypted which mean you can initialize it and pair it with just your own app. If you can write your own app for it you could make the unlock only work when your long range partner sends some command over the internet with a timer as backup.

https://github.com/presseverykey/everykey-sdk One lock seems to have that kind of access to do pretty much everything but it is $120 instead of $20.

You would still need to open the app but unless the other person allows it, it will be useless.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Or for that scenario, a £20 electronic combination safe. You set the code (and take away the override keys) but leave it open. When they're ready to play they lock whatever needs locking and once comfortable, put the keys in the safe, close and lock the door and let you know. When you think they've suffered enough you text them the code.

The difference though is that this doesn't work for a permanently long-range partner. They'd have to be physically present to set the code and the scene can only be done once before a new code has to be set, whereas with the remote controlled padlock it can be used repeatedly.
bootlover1978

Post by bootlover1978 »

I appreciate all the ideas. My friend thinks they might have found a lock that will do what we want it to do. All of this is pretty much their idea, Im just the "keyholder" in this game. My job is to choose which pair of heels they are to wear outside, where and how long to walk, and then release them when the walk is done. Pictures will be sent at certain intervals and at the end for proof of task. They have a huge high heel fetish and want an extra push to go walk outside in public in them. Ive got a few added ideas to spice things up for them once they get "too comfortable" with some of the shorter walks. Anyway, thanks again. Will let you folks know how this turns out and which lock they end up buying. Will be interesting to be a keyholder for someone almost half way across the globe that Ive never actually met in person (yes we are really good friends online though).
redsonic

Post by redsonic »

I wrote custom firmware for this padlock. Now it is "High security
Timer padlock".
It can be locked from 10 minutes to 24 hours.
It will be sold on ebay, maybe)

my English is bad but

This is logic for padlock-

To enter menu-
Open shackle.
Press and hold button, until the red light comes on, depress button.

You will see red and blue light for 3 seconds, then only red light
stay on.

While red light on, press the button as many times as necessary to set
the HOURS.
If you need 2 hours, press button 2 times.
If you need set timer lower then 1 hour- do not press button while
red light is on.
You can press button in red light maximum 23 times = 23 hours.

Next, after 5 seconds you will see blue light.

While blue light, press the button as many times as necessary to set
the minutes * 10.
If you need 10 minutes- press button 1 time.
If you need 20 minutes- press button 2 time.
You can press button in blue light maximum 6 times= 60 minutes.

If you don't need set minutes- do not press button while blue light
is on.

To lock the padlock -
Close shackle.
Press and hold button for 2 seconds.
You will see red and blue light for 3 seconds.
If you set hours, you will see flashing series of red light, as many
times as the number of hours set.
Then
If you set minutes, you will see flashing series of BLUE light, as many
times as the number of minutes set /10.
Then
You will see red and blue light for 3 seconds.
And if you not open shackle at this time- you padlock will be closed for specific
time you set.

This padlock have battery check function -
in any mode briefly press button
if you see blue light - battery is ok (more then 2,5v)
if you see red light- battery need replace (less then 2.5v)

Backup battery
A Padlock have small connector at bottom for CR2032 backup battery.
If main battery is completely empty- you can still open padlock by
connecting backup battery to backup connector for 2 seconds.

If main battery is almost completely empty and locking time is over- you can still open padlock by
connecting backup battery to backup connector an press button briefly once.
Attachments
IMG_20180228_191028-s2.jpg
redsonic

Post by redsonic »

available on ebay "timer padlock"
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Did you remove it from eBay again? I can't find it there
redsonic

Post by redsonic »

i have small batch every 2 weeks.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

I haven't found it on eBay since. Are you still making them?

Edit: Found it here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Multipurpose-E ... 3937954902
redsonic

Post by redsonic »

yes it it in stock
i also plan make new timer padlock.
it is smaller, little cheaper, have only one 2025 battery with backup port, it medium security (4mm shackl and half plastic lock mechanism)
big brother have 7mm and full metall mechanism
but you can't open it only by hands like China LCD lock

new lock have 5 buttons!
so i plan add random function for one

if any one have good idea of new function pls welcome

center padlock
Attachments
mpadlock.jpg
dracae

Post by dracae »

Looks very interesting.

How reliable are these locks? For example what is the risk of getting stuck due to malfunction, programming error, batteries running out, etc?
redsonic

Post by redsonic »

any lock, (mechanical also) can malfunction, always use backup

but
if power out- have backup port- power on- unlock
CPU reset- power on-unlock
CPU freeze - CPU reset-power on-unlock
button dead- can't lock-to unlock, no need button
dracae

Post by dracae »

Of course any lock can fail. I was interested in how the programming would handle various errors - thanks for the info.

Is bluetooth disabled on the modified firmware?