Sunday afternoon just got longer

Tell us about your latest, greatest, best, worst or simply funniest bondage/selfbondage/chastity/CD experience. Only true stories please!
JIMDINI

Sunday afternoon just got longer

Post by JIMDINI »

My normal routine every other Sunday afternoon if I am at home is to have a half hour fairly strict self bondage session. I imagine myself as the great escapologist Jimdini. :)
I take my equipment down to the lounge, place spare handcuff keys on the backs of two armchairs hang a third on a lanyard from a door handle and put one in the waistband of my costume (tight gold swim briefs). Then I start my bondage, leather straps at ankles and knees, these are cinched tight by welded steel rings making them a figure eight around my legs. Next I strap my 2” rubber ballgag tightly in place. Then on to the wrist manacles, behind my back of course, 13/4” deep and secured by a long screw locked using a hex head key. I place the hex key on a small table next to one of the seats. As a final release I have another handcuff key and a hex key in a plastic bag at the end of a long cotton string attached to the single link of the manacles, I throw this towards the wall of the room. Finally I lock on thumb cuffs (ensuring the key holes are facing away from my wrists) now I will need to remove these before I can undo the manacles. :D
Now the great Jimdini makes a show of hopping around the room demonstrating how securely he is bound and then after about ten minutes sets about releasing himself. After thirty minutes the great escapologist is free and can enjoy the rest of his Sunday afternoon. :)
Well this Sunday afternoon things went pear shaped. I had being doing some gardening and finished about three and so by three thirty Jimdini was ready to make his performance. However when the time came to escape things started going wrong, the first handcuff key I picked up slipped out of my fingers as I manipulated it into the key holes on the thumb cuffs, falling to the floor and bouncing under my bookcase. Not to worry I hopped towards the second chair as I approached I stopped shuffled round so my back was to the chair and reached for the key. I couldn’t quite reach so did a little hop backward nudging the chair, feeling along the top of the chair back no key , I carefully shuffle round to look, no sign of a key, this was quickly turning into a farce. :o
I start pulling in the cotton string with the backup keys on. As I pull I feel the string tighten around the middle toe of my right foot and loops tightening around my ankles I Stop and try to shake the string loose from my toe. I must have got tangled in it while hopping and turning. I try shaking the string with my hands to get the loops around my ankles back over my feet, but with no success. This is ridiculous three releases shouldn’t fail! By now I am getting really worried, Murphy has really got it in for me. I reach for the backup key in the waistband of my swim briefs. I have never needed this before, and discover that with my thumbs cuffed it is too far around the side of the waistband to reach. That is it Murphy officially hates me! :shock:
Okay on to the final key on the door handle as I start hopping toward it I feel a sharp pain from the trapped toe and the loops of cotton string tighten around my ankles as I raise my wrists to hop. The back ups are caught on something by the wall. I try gently shuffling away pulling on the string hoping either the string will break or the bag will become detached releasing the string, but both are too strong and all I get is a toe that thinks it is about to be cut off but no closer to escape.
By now I am sweating buckets and my jaw and mouth are sore from the ballgag. I look at the clock gone half past four. What on earth can I try next? As I have always got loose easily and had so many backups in place, I had not got my mobile on hand for calling my human backup. Where was my phone, in the pocket of a jacket on the end of the settee? Will the cotton string let me reach the jacket, thank god, yes! I awkwardly manoeuvre the phone out of the pocket with my bound hands. Carefully I slide it out of its’ protective case. The next problem is switching it on, so I can activate the safety assistant. Not an easy task, with your thumbs cuffed and by now feeling numb. Finally I manage and press what I hope is the activation. I look at the clock, five past five, I’ve been bound like this for an hour and a half and my shoulders are starting to ache. My thumbs and wrists are feeling sore and the gag is torture. :!:
I hop up and down wriggling my toes trying to get the cotton string loose or the keys to move, but with no success. I try once more to get to the door handle key, no the cotton string is still stopping me. Everything is now sore and I am still securely bound. I look at the clock five twenty five, no sign of any help arriving. Has the safety assistant activated? The only way to tell will be to unlock the screen and check if the messages are being sent. This is also a virtually impossible task with my thumbs cuffed. I have to press the on switch put the phone down turn around and draw the unlock pattern with my nose before the screen switches off again. I finally unlock the screen, put the phone on the back of a chair so I can see the screen properly, I activate the text screen with my nose and look to see the assistance texts have been sent and been repeating every ten minutes. I look at the clock, five to six, I know my back up was going to do some gardening this afternoon, what if their phone is switched off! I stare at the phone despondently. I am now very worried and frightened. I am bound hand and foot, very effectively gagged and I can’t reach the door because of the cotton string. :cry:
I know that the ballgag is very effective at muffling my voice and makes speech almost impossible, so screaming is not an option. Is there any way to get help? I am stuck in the lounge, the double glazing on the windows will further muffle any noises I can make from my nose or through the gag. It looks like my only hope will be my mobile. Can I dial EMS and will they be able to understand what help I need and where I am. My phone is GPS enabled, but the address it is showing on my safety assistant messages was my neighbours! If they go there and find nothing wrong, would they check neighbouring addresses or just think it was a hoax and leave? :gag:
Then I hear my front door opening and my back up has arrived. I look at the clock it is six fifteen, over an hour after I activated the safety assistant. They enter the lounge and examine my bondage asking where the keys are. I point at the door but the key has slipped off when they came in and they can’t see it. They remove my gag and ask again. I explain I have a spare key to the thumb cuffs in the waistband of my briefs but can’t reach it with my thumb cuffs. They retrieve the key from the side of my briefs and unlock the thumb cuffs. I reach for the hex key but have trouble finding the hex screw with my numb thumbs. They take this key but have trouble locating the screw lock and then start have to ask which way to turn the key. Once they have released me I get a lecture on being more careful and they depart. :oops:
I was exhausted and very sore, my shoulders ached and all the restraints had left very clear marks on my skin. I had been in pretty strict bondage for over two and a half hours.
:roll:
I think I must make offerings to the Demi God Murphy as he is clearly rigorously applying his law on me. In the mean time I shall take a break from self bondage, although I am sure the urge will eventually overcome my common sense. :rofl:
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
TNTBound

Re: Sunday afternoon just got longer

Post by TNTBound »

seems like you manage to get completely stuck quite a bit! :shock:

as for the key falling to the floor from the chair, what if you tied a string to the key and tied the string to the top of the chair so it would always be within reach?

also, was there a couch within reach while the string was around your ankles? if there was, you could have maybe tried laying down on there and work your way to the floor so you could get to the keys stuck at the wall. or even sit on the chair and then down to the floor.

i wouldn't recommend hanging the string from the ceiling though, with what happened with the string on your ankles, i could see that being VERY bad if it happened around another body part!
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

:hi: I still think Murphy has it in for me. :shock:
TNTBound wrote:seems like you manage to get completely stuck quite a bit!
I was sharing the house until a year or so ago so had back up and jailer on tap. I have only really got back into SB in the last six months or so and I think I am relearning mistakes. :roll: :?
TNTBound wrote:as for the key falling to the floor from the chair, what if you tied a string to the key and tied the string to the top of the chair so it would always be within reach?
Unfortunately there was no where at the top of the chair to tie a string to. :(
TNTBound wrote:also, was there a couch within reach while the string was around your ankles? if there was, you could have maybe tried laying down on there and work your way to the floor so you could get to the keys stuck at the wall. or even sit on the chair and then down to the floor.
Having had a bad experience sitting down and then not being able to get up, I was not keen on this. I did not want to risk falling to the floor. Although I admit that just before my back up arrived I was beginning to consider this as an option. I have been looking online to see if there are any fetish clubs/groups near me but I haven't had much luck. :cry:
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Both frightning and awesome experience.

At least you now know you need to check that backup you thought would work, and be more careful when your primary release is failing to not do something that makes another backup stop working.

They say: Mistakes are made so we learn from them to never do them again. And after all, wasn't this totally helplessness what you really was after?

I've been stuck myself once during a self-bondage session, where my release method was not working. At that time I had never heard of a backup system, so I simply didn't have one. I was panicked and thought my life was over. When I settled down, my creative mind started to work and I found another way to get out.

At one point, I blamed myself for allowing this way to get out, as it meant I was not secured tightly enough, but at the other, I was grateful for having a real bondage experience.

But it was too frighting to repeat.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Jimdini, please don't take this the wrong way as I mean it in a constructive way. You're stories of late just make me cringe a little. What happened has NOTHING to do with Murphy and everything to do with carelessness imho. I thought about replying the same way to some of your earlier threads about getting stuck but refrained as it just seemed like a whole lot of "you idiot" huffing and puffing but I just have to say it this time: You Idiot... :wink:

From all the threads you have posted I can ascertain a certain trend in your methods that go diametrically against everything preached about selfbondage safety on these forums. Mostly about, TRY IT OUT FIRST. (Not being able to reach the backup keys is just a silly mistake, but SO easy to catch early). You've had bad experiences with keys getting lost from the top of chairs, yet you still re-use the same release method. Several people already suggested having a safety tether in the last thread! Getting stuck in the string from the door is another one that to me at least seems like an obvious hazard, and since you were not on the floor, why have it that long in the first place? Dangling only just long enough to be able to reach it when lying on your stomach would have been plenty but avoided the tangling hazard.

You don't seem to test your release methods or your bonds and just jump right in. Knowing you have a safety in the form of someone you can text or call might give you an extra sense of security subconsciously making you slightly more careless, but as indicated in this tale, it might also not be the most reliable of release methods. Something could easily happen to cause your backup to miss the texts or be unable to attend.

Just... be safe. Think VERY thoroughly about what you are doing and how you might get un-stuck if things go wrong. I'm not pretending to be better than you, (god knows I've made my share of stupid mistakes) just hoping to get the message across you are being a bit reckless here imho.

BTW, for key "tethers" I use some semi sturdy key cords (they type they give away in every fair and sales event ever) with one of those plastic snap buckles between the neck loop and the key hook. Just loop the neck loop around an object and pull the end through the bight, then put the keys on the other end. When you are ready to retrieve the keys you can just unsnap the buckle (easy to do even blindfolded and still doable with partially numb fingers). I have as an emergency also simply snapped one of those buckles in half because I couldn't get a good grip on it with really sweaty fingers. A good jerk will usually break the buckle, rip the stitching or break the hook as long as it's attached to something sturdy enough.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Gregovic wrote: You Idiot...

From all the threads you have posted I can ascertain a certain trend in your methods that go diametrically against everything preached about selfbondage safety on these forums. Mostly about, TRY IT OUT FIRST.
Thank you for your concern. :) As I said in my reply to TNTBound I have only got back into serious SB in the last six months or so, prior to this I only cuffed my wrists. Having got used to having the house to myself I have started to get more adventurous. Because I have a back up I can text, I think, subconsciously I feel as safe as when I was sharing the house. :shock:

I used to do quite a bit of rope bondage and could always cut my self loose as a last resort. But as I have got older I am not so flexible and tend to use custom restraints like handcuffs and manacles these days. This means I rely on releases more. I agree about the length of the strings, they only really need to keep the key just out of reach. 8)

Slave L has a point, with hind sight I DID enjoy the total helplessness. I suppose I may have stuck with releases that had previously failed because I had enjoyed being helpless :lol:

But as my back up will occasionally agree to be my jailer I do not need to do this to myself. :mrgreen: