A back up failure

Tell us about your latest, greatest, best, worst or simply funniest bondage/selfbondage/chastity/CD experience. Only true stories please!
JIMDINI

A back up failure

Post by JIMDINI »

I just spent an unplanned three and a half hours in fairly strict bondage.
I had got my self bound using straps to bind my legs together I fitted a 2" ball gag strapped in as tight as it would go, a strap around my upper arms and chest and finally screw locking manacles to secure my hands behind my back. I placed the hex key for the manacles on top of a table testing my bondage and then hopping around the room . :gag:

After about ten minutes I decide to get loose and hop back to get the key I accidentally bumped into the table and the key flies off onto the floor and bounces out of sight. My back up key is at the other end of the room on the arm of a chair so I hop off to get it. When I get there I realise I will need to crouch down to reach the key, not easy easy to do with your wrists locked behind you and your legs bound tightly together. I am crouched down feeling along the arm of the chair, I can just feel the key but can't quite get hold of it so I shuffle along a bit and try again but this time I reach to quickly and knock it off the arm. I shuffle around to look down at the chair but can't see it anywhere. Rather than look for it I decide to go for my safety back up I hop over to the sofa where I have left my mobile, I turn around sit down and feel about for the phone. Once I have the phone in my hand I activate the 'safety assistant' feature sending a text for help to my human backup. :(

I lean back and wait for help to arrive, normally there is about a twenty minute wait for them to arrive so I settle back to watch the clock. By now I am really regretting the ball gag and my shoulders are starting to feel sore.Thirty minutes pass and no sign of my back up,I decide I will get up and watch for them through the window. This is when I discover that because of the slope to the seat and the way I am bound I can't stand up! I start to panic, I look at the clock fifty minutes since I activated my back up call, something must be wrong. :shock:

I start trying to call for help making as much noise as I can but my ball gag proved to be to effective. I was really in a sweat now, if I couldn't get help I could be well and truly screwed.I struggle wildly trying to get to my feet but all I manage to do is make my wrists sore and move the cushion forward raising my feet even further off the floor. I kept alternately trying to attract attention or get up on my feet but to no avail. I kept looking at the clock but there was still no sign of my back up had something happened to them! Was there any way I could get loose without them :?

Then lady luck intervenes The cushion falls off the front of the sofa and I go with it onto the floor! I am thinking what else can go wrong today when I spot the fallen hex key by the chair just a few yards from me.With renewed hope I squirmed across the floor toward the key I roll over and start fumbling to find the key. Finally success I grasped the key and carefully unscrewed the lock on my left manacle, I have to twist my wrist around and shake it vigorously to get the screw to fall out but finally I am free. First order of business is to get the chest strap off and remove my gag. Working my jaw I look down and see my mobile close by, so I reach over and pick it up. I checked to see if the safety assistant had activated and find it is still working and has been on for two hours.I cancelled the safety assistant and sent a stand down text to my back up. :)

Two hours later my back up contacted me to apologise, they had mislaid their phone and just found it down the back of a cupboard. So even the human back up at the end of a phone can go wrong. :cry:

Still I was lucky if I hadn't managed to get to the key on the floor I could have been helpless for nearly six hours! :whip: :gag: :love:
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
ponylady

Re: A back up failure

Post by ponylady »

wow,

seems you proved that good ole' mr murphy still is right.

glad you're back among us.
[
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

ponylady wrote:eems you proved that good ole' mr murphy still is right.
I think he was deliberately tormenting me on this occasion.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

So, it is safer to tie backup key on a string someplace solid. Like on some door in the room, with string long enough you can reach it from the floor if you can't stand up.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Jadit wrote:So, it is safer to tie backup key on a string someplace solid. Like on some door in the room, with string long enough you can reach it from the floor if you can't stand up.
Unfortunately this would still not be much use when I couldn't get up from the sofa. But I will probably try this as an extra back up.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I use the same tactic, keys on a string. It's all too easy to drop keys when fumbling around. Especially after a longer session, and slightly panicking because you have to go to your backups in the first place. Having keys just laying around loosely is a recipe for disaster. I wouldn't consider it for a primary release, let alone my backup.

I guess as long as you learned from the experience it's a net positive :wink:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Yes, I learnt my lesson, the other problem was my judgement was a bit off as I had been out for a drink earlier and I realise now I shouldn't have done any self bondage until the alcohol had cleared my system. :roll: :facepalm:
On the plus side, once I had got free and my sore shoulders and jaw eased, I found I had perversely enjoyed the feeling of total helplessness :D
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Yeah, alcohol and (self)bondage are not a good mix imho. I feel I should link to the IMSAFE check again. It really is a simple checklist but covers all the important points.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Gregovic wrote:Yeah, alcohol and (self)bondage are not a good mix imho.
I will second that! But unfortunately despite years of experience I still committed the sin. :facepalm:

Despite the obvious danger I was in I still have to confess this was one of the best sessions I have had in a long time. :roll: