New Member Joining

This is where you can introduce yourself to the other forum members. Do not be shy, we are all here for the same reason. (You do not have to introduce yourself if you don’t want to.)
SharkTied

New Member Joining

Post by SharkTied »

Hi all,

First time poster, but only been lurking a few days.

I'm an early forties male and this practice is something that's been an occasional part of my life, off and on, since I was a teenager. Mostly pretty casual and fairly infrequent, I'll go through spurts where it gets my attention and then forget about it for a while.

So when I was a kid I primarily did this as part of masturbation and that's still often (though not always) a factor. I was mostly pretty basic, trying to wrap myself tightly in blankets and I also figured out how to improvise basic hand/ankle restraints using t-shirts. Those are both still in my repertoire but I've also expanded a bit more.

I am married, though this has never really been a part of that. Neither of us really has a desire to really get into bondage in that context though we've dabbled with a few low-level bits (basic handcuff play, for instance).

Anyway, I'm in one of those periods where it's captured my interest again, though unusually a bit more strongly than before which has led me to starting to look into it more seriously, hence my finding this place.

So first, having done some very limited looking into this I am definitely on the "Sensual" end of self-bondage practice. The majority of what I've done so far has been on the milder side and with improvised or repurposed equipment and I am more about 'feeling' restrained and immobile than actually being truly restrained. I'm fine with things I can easily escape from so long as it feels right. I'll still sometimes work masturbation into it, sometimes I'll also just tease myself as a form of solo foreplay. Sometimes this involves vibrators either placed externally in 'strategic' spots or occasionally inserted.

I'm OK continuing mostly in the vein I'm in now. I do want to find more effective ways to do some of what I'm doing now, maybe expand my repertoire some and try some new ideas, but I'm not currently feeling the need to get into more serious stricter self-bondage and into stuff like time-release locks or restraints that I may need to cut myself out of. OTOH, I am all about the feeling and not opposed to pushing my boundaries a bit to try something a little more adventurous if it does actually feel more satisfying at the end of the day.

Exploring some of that is why I'm here.
For context: primarily interested in the sensual level of self-bondage. Not after anything too elaborate or difficult to escape from so long as I feel securely restrained.
bound_jenny

Re: New Member Joining

Post by bound_jenny »

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Welcome!
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
SharkTied

Post by SharkTied »

Thanks for the welcome. Still mostly just browsing, I'll be posting some requests for some suggestions in the main boards soon. In the meantime, I have been browsing around some of the info provided here and on other sites. One new discovery I've already made is that a Karada rope harness is very nice. Most references to this I've found online show women wearing them, but I'm rather enjoying it.
For context: primarily interested in the sensual level of self-bondage. Not after anything too elaborate or difficult to escape from so long as I feel securely restrained.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Welcome aboard.
[