Hi

This is where you can introduce yourself to the other forum members. Do not be shy, we are all here for the same reason. (You do not have to introduce yourself if you don’t want to.)
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Hi

Post by curious_sb »

Hi everyone,

I'm just a guy, hence the name, I came by to see how the site was doing and nice to see a few old names active.

I used to be known on here as curious_sb. I've since forgotten the details to get control of that account again. It's been a long time. It feels strange being back here, I hope you're all doing ok. It's been 8 years. A lot has happened.

I read the announcement and sorry to hear of the sad loss.

I'll be around if anyone wants to chat.

If anyone can help me get my old account back I'd be grateful. I don't mind not being a moderator any more.

Peace and love
R. Xx
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
bound_jenny

Re: Hi

Post by bound_jenny »

Well, well, well, look who the cat dragged in... :P :P :P

A big welcome back, with a big hug to match. :love:

Indeed, a lot has happened. People have come and gone, our community has grown, and we've had our lot of RL events (including yours truly).

If you want your old account back, just give Anna a shout. I think she'll be elated to see you back among us and will use her magic to that effect.

Take care, friend.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Thank bound_jenny!

Indeed it feels like an age, i remember your profile picture from about 8 or 9 years go! I remember mine too (two tied feet) they wer'nt my feet, I think I stole it from a search engine back in the day.

I've emailed Anna, its nice to be back. hugs :love:

I'm really sorry for any bad feelings that I may have left on my departure, I'll give a quick run down of events to truly introduce myself again, everyone will hopefully understand who i am, where i came from, and where I went:

So in my mid to late twenties (I'm now 38) I came across this site and registered as a member. back then i think we were no more than a few hundred members, and I posted a LOT. I lived on here, I was "Curious_sb" and this was my spiritual home. I got promoted to moderator very quickly, because, i think, , basically I was on here more than Anna was at the time and I remember helping out with a few server troubles and things. back then, I was a very low level computer technician, with a lot of responsibilty, on a very low salary, and a boss that would top anything from "Horrible Bosses", so i used to practice self bondage to escape from it all, i could zone out and found solitude in being helpless. It was like Zen.

I say helpless, i am a bit of a lightweight and never did any timed releases or anything and never ever went "fully under". anyone who has read the sad news in announcements will understand why. I guess with a more worldly experience i would call myself a "switch" happy to dominate and be a bit submissive too, so the self bondage was mainly limited to lower limbs and maybe one hand or something, just enough to feel helpess but still able to set myself free. It was great because in my head i was the dominant, yet I was also the sub, bit weird I know, but as like minded people, I'm sure you trust me, it works!

Needless to say a singly guy like me used to spend a lot of time on the internet looking at bondage sites for kicks and ideas, and I remember some conversations I had, now i know one of my biggest fears as a "Curious Self Bondager" (hence the curious_sb name) was the prospect of relationships and the "horror" of having to broach the subject. In reality I have a had a few relationships and in none of then did i ever have a problem with bondage, in every case they were already up for it, which was a breath of fresh air for me and released a lot of tension.

Now in one f these conversations Anna had said something to the effect of "the only woman i would ever meet is lady jpeg" now, 8 years on, I can totally laugh at this, as it was so ironically true, I spent wany too much unhealthy time either spent tied up, or on the forums, or scanning for literally hours the usual suspect hogtied and all those sites looking for inspiring bondage pictures. I realized i had been consumed by it all. I left the forums with a view to living my life and having real meaningful relationships and building my career, which is what I have been doing basically. I maybe have left on a sour note, but I was never bitter about it, I was perhaps a little stubborn and immature, but now I've come back I'm more like a 12 year old whiskey, just right. I've practiced self bondage, and partner bondage, something I had never done as the former curious_sb and I have to say I much prefer partner bondage, but self bondage is sometimes needed as a little top up, I'm single again at the moment, but I wouldn't wait so long in future as I think my self bondage was holding me back mentally, from seeking out a relationship. the lady jpeg thing was quite liberating in the end, and I am eternally grateful for the kick up the backside I needed to go make a life for myself.

So what has happened in the 8 - 9 years I have been away? Here are some highlights:

1. I got a city job, with an amazing package, after lots of hard studying and exams
2. I moved out of my parents place, into a bedsit (lodging in someones house)
3. Upgraded from the bedsit to a rented flat, had a few girlfriends, and had some bondage fun with them (and not half the stress I (curious_sb) was making out it would be)
4. Finally got myself a mortgage and a house I could finally call my own (freedom to practice my art in my own space)
5. Upgraded some of my toys which were mainly just ropes from DIY stores, to leather cuffs, which are oh so comfy! (the emabarrasment of having toys delivered to shared residence is always awkward, now I have my own place its cool)
6. Realised I had put off a lot of things I should have done sooner, and realised that its not as big a taboo, and its incredibly liberating to talk about with a partner!

Why am I back?

I really wanted to just see if the site was even up, I mean, its been at least 8 years - a lot changes - I mean, I think google wasnt even the go to search engine, it might have been yahoo! search or geocities, things change and sites rebrand or close, it was really nice to see everything as I left it, familiar avatars, and I found my own, the "two tied feet" (they arent my feet - I think i found them on a search engine). I wondered if I could reset my account, but I couldnt remember my old email address, and its probably long been shut down.

I created this account to get into the forums and see if I could maybe see my old profile and get the email address from there but I had no luck, I would really like to get my old identity back.

I have emailed Anna as I said, so lets see what happens,

I really have missed you all!

:gag: :whip:

Justaguy (Curious by any other name)
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Welcome back aboard.

And congrats on the achievements you have made in the meantime.

I'm quite sure, that as soon as Anna has read your mail (Did you remember the mandatory nudie pics and the secret handshake?), she will give your old account a new password and mail it to you.

:hi:
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

wow, it's really nice that the cat is not only dragging hamsters back in.
*inside joke, that started after your time*

anyways, glad you're back & doing well.
c u in the theeads.
[
CaptainJoe

Post by CaptainJoe »

Welcome back :hi:

Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Thanks Guys,

Is Anna OK, I've not heard anything for a little while.

Kind Regards
JAG (JustAGuy) aka Curious_SB
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Welcome back Curious! :hi:
Ladies and Gentlemen, Curious_SB has meant a lot for me and this forum and I caused him personal harm by a stupid remark that was just intended to be funny.
"the only woman i would ever meet is lady jpeg"
What I wrote was something like "you need to see/meet more girls whose name does not end with .jpg." this was in response to you writing something about how amazing it was that some female member showed an interest in bondage and that no such girls exists in real life. What I wanted to write was really that such girls exists and they are plenty if you just look for them.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

curious_sb wrote:Thanks Guys,

Is Anna OK, I've not heard anything for a little while.

Kind Regards
JAG (JustAGuy) aka Curious_SB
Wohooo, I see you have been resurrected!
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Hi SirCumference,

Yes, I had a chat with Anna over email and I have got my old account back.

I'm not a Moderator any more but I'm cool with that, I understand it (my demotion) was done because my account was inactive for so long and to be honest I agree its better to limit the damage if my account was aver hacked, so - not because I did anything to warrant being demoted.

I'm pleased to say this is the real me, so nothing weird is going to happen. I promise.

I'm so very pleased to be back :D

Curious
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Now there's a nick that I know! :D
curious_sb wrote:this is the real me, so nothing weird is going to happen.
You sure are THE real curious_sb! Not "just a guy".

As far as nothing weird happening around here, don't hold your breath. With this merry bunch of perverts (especially Sir C :P ), there's a 100% chance of weird things happening... :rofl:

Again, welcome back. :hi:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

curious_sb wrote:I'm not a Moderator any more but I'm cool with that, I understand it (my demotion) was done because my account was inactive for so long and to be honest I agree its better to limit the damage if my account was aver hacked, so - not because I did anything to warrant being demoted.
Yes, all the actual moderator powers was removed long ago for several inactive moderators. The only thing left in your account from that time was a membership to a disbanded group. I removed this for you when I reactivated you. You as well as all other retired moderators did nothing wrong to earn that demotion, it was all done for security. The title Retired Moderator is one that should be worn with pride. Those early days when this forum took its first baby steps, (often falling over badly and making a mess of things,) were what laid the foundation to what this forum is today and your DNA is still very much a part of the forum.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Welcome back! I remember you well, and was very sorry to see you go. I may also owe you an apology, as I think I joined in on the jpeg "joke". So, I am sorry if anything I said led to your leaving.
I hope you are back for good, you were always interesting in your posts.

I'm glad things have been working out for you. Sounds like the break was just the thing you needed.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

Welcome back curious_sb. I'm trully happy to have you here again.

Sometimes Anna told me about the great loss that supossed to her and to the comunity your retirement due to a misunderstood joke. I also hope that some day we will get LoKiT back (I have to mail you amigo mío).
anna wrote:The title Retired Moderator is one that should be worn with pride.
I readed somewhere that you can get it even if you haven't ever been a moderator when you reach 1.000's posts... 8)

Greets from Barcelona. :hi:
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

qwerty212 wrote:Welcome back curious_sb. I'm trully happy to have you here again.
Sure enough it's a good thing to have you back, too, Qwerty. :hi: :mrgreen:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)