Hi, I'm new and pretty nervous

This is where you can introduce yourself to the other forum members. Do not be shy, we are all here for the same reason. (You do not have to introduce yourself if you don’t want to.)
TeasedRed

Hi, I'm new and pretty nervous

Post by TeasedRed »

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to write a short snappy introduction or I'm allowed to ramble on about myself lol. I'll try for somewhere in the middle. I'm Red, 26 F from the UK, I've been fascinated with bondage since I was a child, literally my earliest memories are of seeing a princess tied up and being kidnapped in a cartoon and my interest only grew from there. I started practicing self bondage when I was very young and I don't want to go into details but I had an experience that scared me away from doing any more. However recently after going through a break up I've decided to try and re discover who I am and as my fantasies about bondage have never left me I think it's time for me to start exploring again. I'm hoping I can find some like minded people here who can help me safely explore my ideas and move forward :)

Hope this wasn't too much rambling for you all. I look forward to getting to know you all so you can ramble at me :)

Red
bound_jenny

Re: Hi, I'm new and pretty nervous

Post by bound_jenny »

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

Ramble on all you like. Sharing your story with us will dissipate any nerves you have. In any case, you don't need to be nervous with us - we're all in the same pervy boat. :wink:
TeasedRed wrote:my earliest memories are of seeing a princess tied up and being kidnapped in a cartoon and my interest only grew from there.
Same here. All that cartoon bondage made me curious and like you, it only grew from that point on. And we've all had our scary moments. It's just a question of learning from our experiences and moving on. You'll have an extra advantage here, you'll benefit from the experience of everyone else here. Read through the threads, and don't be shy - even to ramble.

Besides being a career pervert, I'm a pretty decent rambler too. :mrgreen:

Have fun and see you in the threads.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

hello red,

welcome aboard.

a lot of our members have been influenced by early childhood memories/experiences, so you'll
fit right in.

keep on rambling.
[
BornThisWay

Post by BornThisWay »

Welcome to the forum, I hope you make yourself at home. There's no need to be nervous, you have just as much right to be here as anyone else. The thing about this forum is everyone here is an outcast, pervert, or otherwise has socially unacceptable tendencies.
Plus the admins are awesome.
In here there is no right way of doing things, or anything that you can say that would cause you to be shunned.
Well.... anything involving children or animals is a line that won't be tolerated, and if it were, I would not be a member here.
The main thing that gets a lot of attention is safety...
Self bondage is a lot like space travel, very unforgiving if you make a mistake, and there is no one to help you when you do something stupid.
If you have an idea that you want to try, post it here. There is a lot of experience in this forum and I guarantee that you'll get a lot of feed back if your idea has a safety concern.
Otherwise, join in on the banter and have fun.
TeasedRed

Post by TeasedRed »

Thank you for the support I know I just got here but it seems really nice already :) I've just been reading through the stuff on here and it seems really good :D I don't know if it is a silly question but is there a chat room or anything or is it just posting? sorry if this is the wrong place for questions :/
SBadiction

Post by SBadiction »

Hello and welcome to another UK kinkster, as you'll have seen we're a community from all over the world but it's always good to see others from the UK. I'm from SW Wales, where are you? (locations are as private as you want them to be by the way)
Steve
Happily married (but always ready to flirt), wife not into anything kinky so it's self-bondage when I can.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

TeasedRed wrote:is there a chat room or anything or is it just posting?
This is a forum, for posting comments in distinct threads that will stick around instead of disappearing as they scroll up as in a chat room. The thread format is more orderly and makes things easier to find than the general mish-mash of a chat room. You can take your time writing things before you post them. I personally prefer the forum format to the chat room because of that - it's more relaxed, there's no hurry to reply to anything because there's no one hanging on their keyboard at the other end. And you can take your time to compose your comment so it's as clear and precise as you want it to be (in a chat room, one is tempted to fire off a comment before it's ready).
TeasedRed wrote:is the wrong place for questions
No place is the wrong place for questions, and you can ask questions in specific sub-forums (like Self-Bondage Discussions or DIY or Everything Else) so your question can be seen by the right target members. Sometimes, one of us moderators ("awesome", as BornThisWay said... he's well-trained, no? :mrgreen: ) could move your thread if we believe that it fits better elsewhere.
TeasedRed wrote:it seems really nice already :)
We're always nice, and we don't bite unless you ask nicely for it. :lol:

Jenny.
CaptainJoe

Post by CaptainJoe »

Hi Red,

welcome aboard! I still remember how awkward it was, posting my first lines in a SB forum - don't be shy, we've all been through that.
BornThisWay wrote:Well.... anything involving (...) animals is a line that won't be tolerated
Ha, you wish! Were do all those hamsters come from?!

Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
mymy42

Post by mymy42 »

Welcome on the forums! Don't worry, it's a big step forward if you ever kept this for yourself. I've been there.
lj

Post by lj »

And welcome from another UK pervert :) Suffolk, in my case.

Taking a step into the "public" kink world feels like a really big step, probably the first time you have "outed" yourself to yourself, and acknowledged that is how you are. Another big step is to join the face-to-face kink world, perhaps at a Munch.

Then, once you have taken the step(s) you wonder why you were so scared to take them!

So ask any questions, nothing is "stupid" except not asking the question. We come down very hard on "flaming" on this site, so don't worry about getting unpleasant replies.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
BornThisWay

Post by BornThisWay »

CaptainJoe wrote: Ha, you wish! Were do all those hamsters come from?!

Joe.
From Canada, of course...
:whip:
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Hamsterness is not about animals, it is a state of mind!
Attachments
image.jpeg
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

BornThisWay wrote:
CaptainJoe wrote: Ha, you wish! Were do all those hamsters come from?!

Joe.
From Canada, of course...
:whip:
If you want to know where all the hamsters come from, follow the man with the plunger and the funny nose.

:mrgreen:

Jenny.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Welcome!
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.