A lurker comes out to play...

This is where you can introduce yourself to the other forum members. Do not be shy, we are all here for the same reason. (You do not have to introduce yourself if you don’t want to.)
Feuerfox

A lurker comes out to play...

Post by Feuerfox »

Okay, this is my first real post here. Pertinent details are that I'm a guy in my early 30s; one of those socially awkward, very private types. I've had a few BDSM relationships in the past, albeit short lived. I was always the Dom, and I've always wanted to experience things on the other side of the fence, so to speak. I've been without a partner for several years, and while I'm not that worried about it kink is something I don't want to share with a casual play partner. I need a massive amount of trust in order to really 'open up' to somebody, and I find that without a relationship it's just not there. Since I just don't have the time for a 'real' relationship and want to fulfill some needs, I'm perfectly fine with doing it myself. :D

However, my interest in SB lies much deeper than that. Yes, admittedly quite a bit of it is sexual and the thought of being unable to move while being teased to the point of absolute and complete frustration is a very exciting one. However, I also view it as a way to center myself. Normally I'm a very busy person with two jobs, many varied hobbies, and no time to even stop my thoughts. My mind is always racing and full of ideas. I need something to stop my mind for a while, get rid of the mental clutter, and get rid of the worries of today and plans for the future, if at least for a while. Some people read a book; others take a long, relaxing soak in the tub. I tie myself up.

While I've tied myself up before, I've always made sure that I could get out of my restraints just by undoing them. No locks or anything,; what I use are the soft, relatively cheap velcro kind that I can get out of without too much trouble at all. I've had a few decent sessions in them, but I want to work my way up, slowly and safely, to something a bit more strict. I have some ideas right now but I will also need some input as well. I've been acquiring some new gear, with plans to acquire a lot more in the near future. If there's any must-have bits of kit, please let me know so I can add it to my very, ehm... deviant shopping list. :P

I'm very much looking forward to being a regular contributor here, and might have a true story to post in the near future. I hope to be able to make a few friendships, and finally be free to share some of my most private interests with some like-minded people. :)
bound_jenny

Re: A lurker comes out to play...

Post by bound_jenny »

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Welcome!

I'd suggest leather cuffs that can be locked on, comfortable and secure.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

welcome aboard
[
housefan111

Post by housefan111 »

Welcome! :hi:

If you're on a budget, I'd suggest a visit to your friendly neighborhood hardware store. A few rounds in the rope/chain/tie-down section should give you some ideas :wink:
"Bondage is all about changing the balance of power. That's what makes it fun."
Feuerfox

Post by Feuerfox »

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. :D

Leather cuffs are definitely on the list, though I'll admit I'm not on too much of a budget and I can afford to splurge on some items that have been more or less 'out of reach' for years. Some of the posts I've been seeing in the archives have been giving me some good ideas, but I do need to go to the local hardware store once I get some free time. I really need to figure out ceiling hook arrangements for release keys at the very least.

The chief thing is that I approach things with a lot of thought and safety in mind, and that means multiple backups. I'm planning on doing a trial run in a couple of days, but with equipment I already have and am familiar with(and the important caveat that nothing is locked and I can release myself at any time). I've got a decent plan in mind, and I'll definitely be doing a write-up. As before this is a trial run so I'll stick to my personal 'tried and true' bits; perhaps learn some object lessons I can apply to later sessions. I love to learn. :D
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Doesnt have to be expensive.

DIY is your friend
http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... int#p41714

And if you buy old belts from a second hand shop, you can do it really cheap.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~